Hi everyone! not so new but in need of support!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Carolina, I am 29 yo and have 2 kids (5 and 4) work full time as a family support worker (I love it but full of desk work!!).

I am not new to diets and work outs, two years ago I lost 66 pounds on my own but after I got engaged I slacked some (gained 20 pounds back!) so here I go again...

I am a little confused when it comes to Calories, Used to eat 1200 cals a day and work out every day for 2 hours, but to be honest, that was killing me! my knees were hurting, and I was always so tired!! so I have made some adjustments and work out 1 hour 4 times a week (spinning) and I am basing my intake in my TDEE minus 20% ....any advise?!

Thank you all!! <3 Ciao!

Replies

• MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    hI feel free to add me if you want. I have been on MFP for three years now and I think it really helps me to stay the course. I like you have a desk job but I do make it a point to work out REGULARLY esp since I LOVE to eat :). stay encouraged and i am sure you will lose that 20 plus some.
  • hamstermom123
    hamstermom123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too! I've lost weight in the past, but have put it all back on (and then some). My goal is to work slowly back up to the exercise level I was at before and then beyond! For now, I'm going to commit to 20-30 minutes of cardio 4x a week starting TODAY. :)

Anyone, feel free to add me - the support will really help us!
  • SWEETMAY84
    SWEETMAY84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies!! I fee confident on starting again, I know this time I will aim for "how my clothes fit" more than the scale, thats for sure! but I am glad to see I am not alone!!
  • dawn483
    dawn483 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!

I started this with my bf back in Jan. but we stopped. He recently bought a motorcycle and I came to the realization that I am slightly to big for his bike. I would love to feel more comfortable on it by the time he gets his license. I sit at a desk all day, every day, which does not help with weight loss. Would love some friends on here that understand the struggle of being "bigger". All of my offline friends are tiny. Feel free to add me and thanks!!!:smile:
  • SWEETMAY84
    SWEETMAY84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!

I started this with my bf back in Jan. but we stopped. He recently bought a motorcycle and I came to the realization that I am slightly to big for his bike. I would love to feel more comfortable on it by the time he gets his license. I sit at a desk all day, every day, which does not help with weight loss. Would love some friends on here that understand the struggle of being "bigger". All of my offline friends are tiny. Feel free to add me and thanks!!!:smile:

Hi!! I try to walk around at work, but definetly not enough to doubt as working out! I tried BODYPUMP and loved it but now I am aiming for more cardio! it can be hard but I am sure you can find the motivation again! nothing sexier than a bike ride with your hunnie =)
  • Shelleya345
    Shelleya345 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new here too. Just started on Mar 9th and I am frustrated. No weight lost.

I am eating between 1300-1500 calories a day, exercising 3-4 days a week, some treadmill and circuit. I have arthritis and find that the equipment bothers my joints. Any suggestions would be great.

Feel free to add me.
  • MadCountyMama
    MadCountyMama Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies -
    I am in a similar boat! Lost 30 lbs and gained back 12lbs. It stinks but I've learned a lot along the way. I am more concerned with how my body looks (I want toned not skinny) than what my scale says.
    My mama always told me we are "big-boned women". LOL and although at the time, I saw that as an excuse to be heavier than everyone else, I've come to realize she meant that we are built differently. I am way more muscular than most of my friends. I've come to love and appreciate that.

Feel free to add me! I look forward to sharing the journey with friends!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Carolina, I am 29 yo and have 2 kids (5 and 4) work full time as a family support worker (I love it but full of desk work!!).

I am not new to diets and work outs, two years ago I lost 66 pounds on my own but after I got engaged I slacked some (gained 20 pounds back!) so here I go again...

I am a little confused when it comes to Calories, Used to eat 1200 cals a day and work out every day for 2 hours, but to be honest, that was killing me! my knees were hurting, and I was always so tired!! so I have made some adjustments and work out 1 hour 4 times a week (spinning) and I am basing my intake in my TDEE minus 20% ....any advise?!

Thank you all!! <3 Ciao!

You seem to be on the right track upping your calories and decreasing your exercise if it was too much for you (two hours a day sounds like torture to me). I eat 1450 calories M-F and eat back my exercise calories on weekends. I've lost 18 lbs and have 18 more to go. I lift heavy three days per week and do cardio twice per week. My diary is open and you can feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • dawn483
    dawn483 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The sad part about where I work is, I am a admin for a company that installs exercise equipment!!! I have a whole warehouse full of equipment I can use, problem is there is always some of the crew here and I hate to work out in front of them. I have it set in my mind that I am going to start walking at night with my 4 year old. We recently just bought 10 speed bikes, so hopefully now that the weather is warming up we can start riding..... I just want to look good on the back of my bf motorcycle!!!!