30 day shred challenge?

Options
Any ladies up for a 30 day shred challenge? I did a hybrid of t25 and 30 day shred for several weeks. But i cant handle t25 because i have health problems and its much rougher on my body than 30 day shred. But I have about a week left of 30 day shred, im basically on day 6 of level 3. BUT I plan on going for the next month on level 3. Is there any ladies up for doing a 30 day shred challenge? Just for encouragement, and progress pics and things like that.

Replies

• Well i am planning on to start it tomorrow good luck any way
    But can i ask how much you've lost on doing hybrid with t25 because i would give it a try cuz i have about 23 lbs to lose
  • Beckadaro
    Beckadaro Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 1 day 7 so far I've lost 4 inches off my waist but no pounds. I'm up for the challenge but I'm now waiting for my videos to arrive. I've been watching it on YouTube but get frustrated with the lag my internet has lol.

I would love to see others progress to help keep me motivated
  • elims_smile_1
    elims_smile_1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I plan to start my 30 day shred tomorrow AM. I will keep posting on this for motivation!!
  • Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • heidivodka
    heidivodka Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did my 1st day of 30 day shred level 1 this afternoon. I really enjoyed it as well as her explanations of good form. For once I can actually do an ab crunch lol However the dreaded push up still eludes me.

I may not be able to do them every day so I may do it twice on a day that I can.

Good luck ladies x
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am on Level 2 (due to start Day 3 today) You can add me if you'd like.

Curious, how was T25 rougher for you? I also have some health issues and had been considering T25, so I am interested to know your experience with it.
  • staceylcash
    Options
    Alright! I will also share my progress. Im trying to lose some more of the last bit if belly fat and tone up. i really love jillian! The workout is very hard, in my opinion, and level 3 is making me sore all over. And workouts dont get me sore normally for some reason, i mean really hard worouts dont give me soreness. So finally im feeling like something is going on with my muscles lol. I havent lost inches or pounds, that isnt my goal, im ok with my inches and pounds, but im skinny chunky. I have fat all over, my butt isnt raised, my stomach has a tire when i bend over or sit down. So my goals are, to get rid of my "sit down" spare tire, and just tighten my body all over. And possibly lose an inch or 2 off of my mid section, i dont its no big deal, as long as i can get rid of this excess fat built up from my last 2 babies. Thanks for joining! Im excited!
  • staceylcash
    Options
    It was rougher because i have a disease that makes my kidneys spongey and they make kidney stones. I can feel everything going on in my kidneys so im in pain a lot. Ad i get very frequent UTIs because of this disease. So all of the jumping and high impact moves (even using some modified moves) were very jarring and caused me a lot of pain and discomfort. I like jillian michaels 30 day shred much better because she doesnt have such high impact moves, and in level 3 when she does a couple of high inpact moves, i just motify for myself so i dont make myself hurt worse than i already do. I believe if i could have stuck with T25 also, I would definitely have seen some pretty great results. But I gotta listen to my body :) oh and also, T 25 made me feel like throwing up every time. I also felt like i was going to pass out and I would see blurry sometimes.
    I am on Level 2 (due to start Day 3 today) You can add me if you'd like.

Curious, how was T25 rougher for you? I also have some health issues and had been considering T25, so I am interested to know your experience with it.
  • amandamichellewilson
    Options
    Going to start 30day shred tommorow (:
  • arnalundgren
    arnalundgren Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am on level 1 day 2 :)
  • dalerose3
    Options
    I brought this for my mother last year and was doing it with her for 15 days straight and the results were good. Shame she quit after that. But I do recommend it if you have the determination to stick to it.

Good luck peeps :)
  • mandie8730
    Options
    I started 30 day shred last night! I had tried to do it back in the fall but ended up quitting. I think part of my problem was that I would do it for 5 days straight and then take the weekend off but if I want to do this properly I understand that I need to do each level for 10 days (at least) straight so I am going to try that this time around! I can say this, I am so sore after day 1!!!
  • 1reneeski
    1reneeski Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound really stupid, but where do you get the 30 day shred from? Is it a video posted somewhere here on MFP?
  • brittanyshaver3
    brittanyshaver3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can get it from walmart for10 bucks. You need a set of light weights for strength as well. Its a great DVD im on Day 6 of Level 1
  • luvmydawgs
    luvmydawgs Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am doing it but it is KILLING my knees! Any advice for that?
  • SebbysMama
    SebbysMama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've started 30 day shred off and on before. Never made it to level 2. But maybe if I join you all it will help me push through! Going to start it tomorrow!
  • Beckadaro
    Options
    This is going to sound really stupid, but where do you get the 30 day shred from? Is it a video posted somewhere here on MFP?

I found video 1 &3 on youtube, but level 2 you have to "rent" from them. I went to Walmart.com and ordered mine because my internet sucks and it would pause the video while I'm trying to workout. My video came in today I'm going to get it tomorrow and I'm excited to have it without having to worry about the internet slowing me down.

here's the link but I don't know if it will work, I have a hit or miss record when posting links :)
    http://youtu.be/1Pc-NizMgg8
  • FitMe758
    Options
    I am doing it but it is KILLING my knees! Any advice for that?

As JM says "Stay with Anita" lol.
    I also wear my good running shoes because they cushion the impact and I had my H watch my form doing the lunges because evidently I was letting my knee get past my toes and that causes knee pain.
    Also, I found that it is better to attempt the moves with proper form (even if slower than her pace) until you get familiar with the safe range of motion and then go full force.
  • FitMe758
    Options
    I started 30 day shred last night! I had tried to do it back in the fall but ended up quitting. I think part of my problem was that I would do it for 5 days straight and then take the weekend off but if I want to do this properly I understand that I need to do each level for 10 days (at least) straight so I am going to try that this time around! I can say this, I am so sore after day 1!!!

Jillian recommends taking at least 1 day off to recuperate. Granted, a lot of people do the whole 10 days straight.
    But even professional athletes have to let their body rest for 1 day during the week.
    After all, muscle develops during proper rest periods.
  • Beckadaro
    Options
    OK I started level 2 today, dang it kicked my butt. I made it through but just barely and I had to take a few breaks during the Planks. I really need this but dang LOL

Any suggestions on how to improve my planking skills?