Insanity newbie

Options
kinsellae
kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
Hi guys :)

So I've been on mfp for some time. I haven't logged for the last 6-9 months. Mfp really helped me get to know my optimal calorie range and so took some time off to just be. I have maintained weight and really have enjoyed trusting myself that I can do it. With that being said, I am back. I miss communicating with other health oriented people!

I started with P90x a few years back and moved on to lifting and have stuck to that for about a year and half with very minimal to no cardio. So I decided to go for something different and am starting insanity along with my husband next Sunday the 27th. Plan is to clean up the diet a little too. I am not a "clean eater" per se, more of a some veggies, some fruit, enough protein, and fill in the blank with whatever I am in the mood for - kind of girl. Feel free to friend me.

Erika

instagram: erika_fit

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Hey there! First off, thank you for the recent add! Glad to meet new people on here that are doing Insanity as well. We all can support each other.

I totally get where you are coming from with the diet. I however do eat majority of clean foods, as I cook A LOT and always from scratch. I am not big on process foods, but I do think that we should not have to diet. I feel that it is all about a calorie deficit and you should be happy with what you eat and just watch portion control.

This is my second try at Insanity. The first time I did not get past week 3. I had health issues that got in the way, shin splints and bad knees. So this time around I have already seen a doc, my shins and knees are better and I got knew cross trainers. Week 1 completed yesterday.

Well good luck to all of us!!
  • SherylMary
    SherylMary Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am a runner and have done a good number of workout programs including P90X3, Jillians Body Revolution, Focus T25 and the 21 Day Fix. After my half marathon in May I'm going to be starting my first round of Insanity and I'm kind of scared. I've heard stories of how killer hard it is. Any advice?
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am a runner and have done a good number of workout programs including P90X3, Jillians Body Revolution, Focus T25 and the 21 Day Fix. After my half marathon in May I'm going to be starting my first round of Insanity and I'm kind of scared. I've heard stories of how killer hard it is. Any advice?

Hello. I google and research about Insanity almost everyday lol. Only because of my weight gain the first time I tried it. My advice to you and myself, is to not be discouraged and to toss the scale out! It is about measurements more than anything. You may retain water in the first 2-3 weeks and you may gain muscle in the first month. I hear that the magic happens in month 2 for most. Also do not be scared to eat per the program guidelines (TDEE -/+ 500 for loss/gain). I would start off eating at the TDEE range and if you do not see much difference after about 2 weeks, adjust accordingly. Do not over do it with the workouts and try to keep up with the people on your TV. Do it at your own pace and stop if you need to.

You may already know most of this, but this is just all of the things I have learned to help me get through it this second time trying. Good luck and if you would like to add me to motivate each other that would be awesome :)
  • brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm starting insanity today. I have done the first month and randomly stopped. I'm starting it again just for something different as I typically do running intervals. This will be a good change in things. I might not do it everyday as I weight lift everyday. We'll see how it goes!

I can hear this already.........UP DOWN UP DOWN UP DOWN AAAAAAHHHHHHH