Anyone doing WW Points Plus too?

Options
Hi, I was doing WW Points Plus for awhile. It was a little expensive for the amount of weight I was losing, I even gained the second time I joined. So I googled tools for WW PP and did it on my own. I lost 20 lbs. I have been stuck for a long time, and
thought maybe MFP would help. I was on 22 WW points. I figured that at about 1100 cals. WW doesn't count fruits and veggies though, so I could eat a huge salad and just count the dressing pts/cals. Is there a happy medium somewhere here? I like the idea of no pts for veggies and fruit (except high carb ones).

Thanks for any help

Replies

• tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I did the WW PP system before coming here. If you put all of your goals into the MFP system then it will give you a caloire goal to eat to. You can adjust it so you can lose a half a pound to two pounds.

I really got pissed off at the WWPP system because fruit and vegetables are not calorie free. This allowed for a lot of "cheating". I personally feel that if it goes into your mouth you need to count it.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was doing WW Points Plus for awhile. It was a little expensive for the amount of weight I was losing, I even gained the second time I joined. So I googled tools for WW PP and did it on my own. I lost 20 lbs. I have been stuck for a long time, and
    thought maybe MFP would help. I was on 22 WW points. I figured that at about 1100 cals. WW doesn't count fruits and veggies though, so I could eat a huge salad and just count the dressing pts/cals. Is there a happy medium somewhere here? I like the idea of no pts for veggies and fruit (except high carb ones).

Thanks for any help
    You need to do one for or another. You're either going to count calories properly or use points. Mixing and matching systems is just over complicating things.Just do one thing or the other my guess is the reason you stalled is your not sticking to one system

Oh veggies and fruit have calories. A banana has 100 and an Advocado over 300 so I really wouldn't ignore those.
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Thanks for any help
    You need to do one for or another. You're either going to count calories properly or use points. Mixing and matching systems is just over complicating things.Just do one thing or the other my guess is the reason you stalled is your not sticking to one system

Oh veggies and fruit have calories. A banana has 100 and an Advocado over 300 so I really wouldn't ignore those.

Count calories :) its free and you can eat more
  • 1reneeski
    1reneeski Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you, you all helped me decide to stick with MFP. It has everything for me already, I just had to put in my goals etc. It will also help me in the long run to maintain. I would hate to have to figure out points the rest of my life, lol. Thanks guys!