NBA Playoffs

Options
LBeth1015
LBeth1015 Posts: 35 Member
Spurs fan here so I'm hoping they make it again, but if we have to face Oklahoma we could be toast. I'm hoping that if my Spurs don't take the West the Thunder do.

Then I'm hoping either of those teams take out the Heat.

Anyone have any predictions?

Replies

• BehindtheMic
    BehindtheMic Posts: 1,736 Member
    Options
    I think it will be a Heat/Thunder Finals...
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    GO CLIPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I think it will be a Heat/Spurs final again!!!
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Although I'm a huge Grizz fan I think the Thunder and the Heat will be in the finals
  • LBeth1015
    Options
    I think it will be a Heat/Spurs final again!!!

And the Spurs will not break my heart and blow it again!!!
  • ZestyItalian2
    Options
    As a lifelong Laker fan, I have no dog in this fight, which actually makes watching the entire playoffs a less anxious and more fun proposition. My formula for making predictions in this sort of situation (not saying it ends up being accurate) is this:

Which team's BEST game, when firing on all cylinders, is the best overall? To me, that can only mean the Thunder and the Heat, and I think Wade's health and four consecutive deep title runs for Miami mean that they may not be able to get to that "Flying Death Machine" gear as they have in prior years. Also, we're in historically uncharted territory for what's being asked of LeBron on a nightly basis. He's gotta break down or at least slow down at some point.

OKC's highest gear, when Durant is filling it up, Westbrook is attacking, Ibaka is making shots, the bench is aggressive, and the team defense is athletic and swarming, is just better than anybody else's best, including the Clippers. The Spurs don't really have an extra level to jump to- they're just consistently great, and they'll beat OKC or Miami if those teams don't make the leap to their highest gear. But if OKC can play their best 4 out of 7 times against San Antonio and/or Miami, they'll win.
  • LBeth1015
    Options
    But if OKC can play their best 4 out of 7 times against San Antonio and/or Miami, they'll win.

Sadly, I have to agree. But, I do take a lot of pride in the fact that the Thunder have said many times they try to emulate the system the Spurs have created, all the way from the front office to behavior on and off the court.

They're a class act and I hope that if my Spurs don't make it the Thunder do!
  • ZestyItalian2
    Options
    Spurs are the best-run organization in sports. From RC/Holt//Pop/Duncan on down- the culture they've created has no equal. That they've contended for titles almost every year since drafting David Robinson in 1989 (only one season sub-.500 in that time) has no analogue in any American sport. OKC is clearly trying to emulate San Antonio, as every small market team should try to do- strong culture, smart drafting and great scouting is the only way to compete against the LA/NY/Chicago/Boston nexus, who will always be able to improve via free agency.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    No!! That isn't sad! LOL

Thunder up!! Go OKC!
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    GO MAVS LOL !:happy:
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options