WATER

Options
HAVING TROUBLE DRINKING MY WATER AND WHAT ARE THE FOODS YOU SHOULD NEVER EAT?

Replies

• Amy01Liz
    Amy01Liz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Stay away from all processed foods!

Hotdogs, pre-packaged foods, frozen dinners, fast food.

Try and incorporate high protein, low fat in your diet! And LOTS of fruits and veggies.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    I found it helped with water if you start slowly replacing what ever you drink with food to water. I struggled to drink even 2 glasses at the start of the year, keep with it and eventually you body will crave the stuff
  • doraibarra528
    Options
    Thank you for your help with the water, did well yesterday drank 8 glasses of water. Does drinking green tea count as water?
  • doraibarra528
    Options
    Does eating foods like Lean Cuisine count as process foods?
  • hstnljean
    hstnljean Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    one thing that helps me is to have the water for the day measured out for the day poor it into a container and keep it handy and sip on it till it is gone
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    It can help to get a big water bottle and keep it with you. I have one at my desk that's 1quart (4 cups) and try to drink at least one a day. Then I drink 2-3 cups at the gym and drink another 4-6 at home. And that doesn't even count the coffee and tea that I drink.

Also, if you're looking for something a bit more tasty, don't be afraid to use flavoring. You can go natural and add slices of lemon, lime, cucumber, etc or use other flavorings like Crystal Light or Mio drops.

While eating more natural foods is better for you, it's not 100% necessary in order to lose weight which only requires a calorie deficit. As long as you stay within the daily calorie goal that MFP set up for you, you should do just fine. I personally don't find those frozen meals to be much good - sure they're convenient and some are even quite tasty but they're loaded with sodium and not very filling. I'd suggest making up big batches of meals (soups, casseroles, baked chicken w/ veg, etc) and bringing in a portion for lunch instead. It'll likely stick to your ribs a lot longer.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    eat whatever you like - just log accurately, manage protions appropriately, and become accountable for what you eat

before long you may find like i did that "junk" food is less filling per calorie than some "healthier" foods
    but you should chose to make those changes yourself at the right time

if you can't swallow the water, use fruit teas or other low-cal flavourings, my favourite is angostura bitters
    i also sometimes like fizzy water as a change

good luck with your journey
  • LeahNMe
    LeahNMe Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Water: the only thing you can do is make yourself drink it. I love water, I don't drink anything but coffee water and wine. Having said that, it's still hard to get enough in for the day. But I am getting better.
    As far as foods to stay away from, from what I've learned from my short time here, you don't have to avoid any certain kinds of foods and you don't need the weight watchers 'diet' foods either. You just need to fit what you like into your calorie allowance. I think the rule of thumb is eat 'clean' good for you foods at least 80% and all the good stuff at 20%. The point being if you force yourself to stop eating the things you like, your diet will not being sustainable. I have read on hear that if you are forcing yourself to give up a certain kind of food group, realize that you are giving it up forever. Not just long enough to lose weight.
    I have not been here long enough to be any kind of expert, this is just what I have gathered while I have been here.:smile:
  • carrierose2
    carrierose2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have found that water enhancers really help me. They have about 5 calories per squirt but seem to be working just the same. I never drank water before and now it's all I drink. I can get in about 9-11 cups a day and they taste great. You should also use a straw. REally helps you drink a lot faster.
  • murdledoe
    murdledoe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You can make flavored water. Toss a piece of citrus in it or a slice of cucumber and a mint leaf. You can take a variety of citrus slices. Freeze them in on a sheet try, then put them in a freezer bag. All you have to do is grab a frozen slice when you want one and you are ready to go. You can also buy water fuser's which is a lot of fun.
  • Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    Does eating foods like Lean Cuisine count as process foods?

Many will tell you that you should not eat things like Lean Cuisine/ Smart Ones etc. because it is a processed food and is high in sodium. But honestly, I eat them anyway because they work for me. Everyone's body is different. Everyone is at a different stage with what goals they are trying to achieve. Sure, eventually it would be great to only eat nice fresh foods, but for now it is not practical for me and not something I would be able to stick with.

The point here is to do what works for you. The only thing you HAVE to do to lose weight is to have a calorie deficit (burn more calories than you eat). If you are logging your food correctly and you have a calorie deficit you will lose weight regardless of whether or not you are eating processed foods.