gym or at home?

Options
13»

Replies

• Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I have been a member of my local Wellness Center for the last 2 years, and have been serious about weight loss for the last year, going normally 3-5 times a week. I have lost 25 pounds officially, but got down 40 before slacking and putting 15 back on. I am the type where if I have to stay home and work out, it doesn't get done. But if I get up and go to a gym, I know I am going to get my workout in. Doesn't matter if I am going from sun up to dark (which happens 2x a week when I take karate for 2 hours at the gym too), but I get my money's worth from the gym.
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    I started out at a gym in conjunction with a fitness and nutrition class I was taking. When that class ended in mid-November I took out a gym membership a little closer to home, but am ashamed to say I have used it only once. However, as I posted this morning, I have the urge to go there today, so probably will. I had been exercising at home with my recumbent bike, resistance bands, medicine ball, and five-pound weights. I was quite disciplined in this, but have also discovered that it's easy to ignore exercise when at home. If I have to make the effort to drive someplace, then it seems worth it to me, and I know the benefits are great. I can get a better and more varied workout at the gym.

I have lost 31.5 pounds since September 7.