note to a girlfriend, for all my mfp friends

Options
the scale is a tool, a gauge, not a definition of your effort, not the judge and jury (we'll be the judge and jury! LOL!) :laugh:

your actions and tenacity are the definition of you! keep at it.

if the scale is not where you want it, let it be a tool to motivate you to examine your food diary, step up or change up your workout, increase your water. :drinker:

Replies

• daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    So very true! Thanks for the reminder =)
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    very well received.....thanks! hugs
  • SweetPea120
    Options
    Thanks! I needed this today! I got on the scale and thought I'd be down at least a pound...turns out it was just 1/2 lb. But then I tried on a pair of jeans I haven't worn since the beginning of the year, and they fit great! I need to put my scale away and only weigh once every couple weeks. :flowerforyou:
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Great reminder!
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    We definitely need that reminder sometimes. I'm bad about weighing myself everyday.
  • booboomagoo
    booboomagoo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Do not anger the Almighty Scale with your heretic talk of measurements and clothes fitting better and feelings of improved health and wellbeing. Almighty Scale will only be satisfied with complete devotion and the power to change your mood and self-esteem.

Should you refuse to kowtow to Almighty Scale, Almighty Scale will be forced to do the following:
    1. Tell your boss about that time you accidentally took home a half pad of post it notes and didn't bring it back
    2. Set your house on fire
    3. Give your car a really annoying noise that happens frequently enough to annoy, but is impossible to pinpoint a cause of and never makes itself known around mechanics
    4. Convince your high school, college, and/or university to revoke any degrees you have earned

It's just a scale. You own it - don't let it own you.
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Do not anger the Almighty Scale with your heretic talk of measurements and clothes fitting better and feelings of improved health and wellbeing. Almighty Scale will only be satisfied with complete devotion and the power to change your mood and self-esteem.

Should you refuse to kowtow to Almighty Scale, Almighty Scale will be forced to do the following:
    1. Tell your boss about that time you accidentally took home a half pad of post it notes and didn't bring it back
    3. Give your car a really annoying noise that happens frequently enough to annoy, but is impossible to pinpoint a cause of and never makes itself known around mechanics
    4. Convince your high school, college, and/or university to revoke any degrees you have earned

LMAO:laugh: x
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hahah that was really funny:D
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Good advice! :happy:
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options

Love it! :laugh:
  • booboomagoo
    booboomagoo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ha ha...glad you guys enjoyed!