Hello!

Redbella
Redbella Posts: 58 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
My friend sent me an invite to the site and I am very glad I accepted! I am a 40 yr old mother of 2 and have been overweight almost all my adult life. My home was hit by a tornado in '09 and my family and I were home. I was the only one who was hurt badly. My neck and back were broke and I was paralyzed from the waist down for awhile. It has been a long recovery but slowly but surely I am getting better. Now I am at the point where I can do just about everything but walk. My therapist told me if I ever want to walk again I will do my exercises and lose weight. If that is not motivation I dont know what is! So I have been trying really hard and have lost 2 dress sizes so far. I would love some support to help me stay motivated and on-track. I always start gun-ho and then lose steam and I dont want to do that this time. The goal is too important!

Replies

• ant17r
    ant17r Posts: 13
    That's a pretty incredible story of survival! Congrats on your recovery thus far and good luck in the future. You can definitely find the support and encouragement you need on this site. I've only been at it for a few weeks now but I am amazed at the community on this site! Again, good luck!

Anthony
  • Redbella
    TY! I need it lol! Keep me on the straight and narrow lol!
  • You're doing an amazing job... don't stop!!!
  • Redbella
    Ty so much!!!:happy:
  • What an amazing story and congrats on your what must have been a really difficult recovery, you should definitely find the motivation here
  • Redbella
    Ty! It has def been the most painful challenging thing I have ever done but I felt it was a must. I have young kids and a relatively young husband and I didnt want to be a burden on any of them. Definately when I needed them they have all been there for me but I am an independent woman and I just didnt want or like to be so dep on anyone. So basically I didnt feel I had a choice and thats where I got my motivation. And its the same for losing weight I dont have a choice. If I want to walk I will lose weight. So I for one am glad the holidays r almost over with all their temptations. I have one more hurdle to overcome (I am having a huge 40th b-day party on the 7th) and then its back to the plan. But even then I am not going to blow it big....and I am going to keep on exercising. I feel so good when I stick to the plan and so yucky and guilty when I dont so why cheat? (I need to keep repeating that last part to myself especially this weekend lol)
  • doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    You have found a great site and you will get lots of support. It is really easy - as long as you follow the exercise and calories - which of course can be hard. :)
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
This discussion has been closed.