Which Chest Measurement Is More Accurate?

Options
Is a chest measurement more accurate with a sports bra or an underwire support bra? I have found that with a normal bra, my band measurement is an inch bigger. With a sports bra, it's 36.25 inches

Replies

• mystery_pants
    Options
    I do mine with a sports bra. I would just make sure that you use the same sports bra every time you check measurements.
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what you are trying to determine. A sports bra is meant to be snug so you will measure smaller. A regular bra is not, so will give you a more accurate number to what your actual breast size is.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Since I do my measurements at home, I measure naked to get the most accurate. If you have to measure in the gym, I'd go with a regular bra without padding. Sports bras are meant to compress so that you don't have movement during exercise. That compression can give an artificially smaller measurement just like pulling the tape too tight.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what you are trying to determine. A sports bra is meant to be snug so you will measure smaller. A regular bra is not, so will give you a more accurate number to what your actual breast size is.

Mine isn't all that snug, though. I need to buy a smaller one. I'm almost swimming in it. haha
  • frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thought better of this... was meant to be a joke but was worried folks might take it the wrong way.