Instanity Workout starting 1/4/11 - Buddies wanted!!!!!

hartcandi
hartcandi Posts: 23
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello guys, I will be starting the Shaun T's instanity workout next Tuesday 1/4/11 and would like woukout buddies. My goal is to shed pounds and tone up. My routine will consist of Turbo Jam in the mornings at 5:30 am and Instanity in the evening around 7pm.

Or please post want type of diet program I should use since I will be doing a high impact cardio session for 6 days out the week.

3310087.png
Getting to the other side of the rainbow

event.png

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    I'm going to start Insanity back up in January but tweak it a little. Doing DVD's 6 days a week just isn't something I can stick with. I'm going to shoot for 2-3 Insanity workouts a week and combine it with 2-3 pure cardio workouts at the gym. That's my goal!
  • I'm starting phase 2 of an Insanity, P90X, half marathon training hybrid on Jan 3rd. I have been through Insanity, its a tough program. I'd be glad to help with any nutritional questions I can. Add me if you'd like!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    I suggest that once you hit month2 2 of Insanity you may just want to do that.

Whenever I do the first month Insanity I'll add another workout if I have the extra energy. For me atleast month 2 takes a lot out of me! lol

I also suggest to take a pre energy trainer drink...something like NO Xlode, Xpand, etc
    It REALLY get your body pumped up to workout out! One afternoon I did 3 workout videos back to back because I had all this energy. LOL Before I would feel drained after my Insanity workouts and now I don't! =)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Hello guys, I will be starting the Shaun T's instanity workout next Tuesday 1/4/11 and would like woukout buddies. My goal is to shed pounds and tone up. My routine will consist of Turbo Jam in the mornings at 5:30 am and Instanity in the evening around 7pm.

Or please post want type of diet program I should use since I will be doing a high impact cardio session for 6 days out the week.

There was a diet plan that came with the Insanity workout program.
  • mdrury
    mdrury Posts: 5 Member
    How do you do the Insanity and P90X together. Meaning do you do one in the AM and the other in the PM? Or do you combine the two and do a Hybrid?
    Mike
  • Thanks guys for posting so quickly, I see that I will have alot of motivation and support from this site or community. @Cina04, I will have to do some research on those energy drinks.

Whats the best energy pill have you guys taken? I have tried Quickslim and Hydroxycut Maxx. I do feel both of them running through my body but I guess I never keep up with a workout program to see if they work.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    How do you do the Insanity and P90X together. Meaning do you do one in the AM and the other in the PM? Or do you combine the two and do a Hybrid?
    Mike

Something like this:

Weeks 1-3:
    Day 1 - Chest and Back, Ab Ripper X
    Day 2 – P90X Plyometrics
    Day 3 - Shoulders and Arms, Ab Ripper X
    Day 4 – Max Recovery
    Day 5 – Insanity Max Interval Circuit
    Day 6 – Max Cardio/Cardio Abs
    Day 7 – Rest or X Stretch

Week 4, 8, & 12 (Recovery Week):
    Day 1 - Core Synergistics
    Day 2 – Max Cardio Recovery
    Day 3 – Insanity Cardio Recovery/cardio abs
    Day 4 – Core Synergistics
    Day 5 - Core Cardio and Balance
    Day 6 - Yoga X

Weeks 5,6,7:
    Day 1 - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, Ab Ripper X
    Day 2 – P90X plyometrics
    Day 3 - Back and Biceps, Ab Ripper X
    Day 4 – Max Recovery
    Day 5 – Max Interval Circuit
    Day 6 - Max Cardio Conditioning, Cardio Abs

Weeks 9,10,11:
    Day 1 - Shoulders and Arms, Ab Ripper X
    Day 2 - Insanity Max Interval Plyo
    Day 3 - Back and Biceps, Ab Ripper X
    Day 4 – Insaniy Core Cardio & Balance
    Day 5 - Insanity Max Interval Circuit
    Day 6 - Max Cardio Conditioning, Cardio Abs
  • How do you do the Insanity and P90X together. Meaning do you do one in the AM and the other in the PM? Or do you combine the two and do a Hybrid?
    Mike

It really depends on what your goals are Mike. There are endless combinations, some will work better than others, but need to be tailored specifically to what you want to accomplish.
  • Thanks guys for posting so quickly, I see that I will have alot of motivation and support from this site or community. @Cina04, I will have to do some research on those energy drinks.

Whats the best energy pill have you guys taken? I have tried Quickslim and Hydroxycut Maxx. I do feel both of them running through my body but I guess I never keep up with a workout program to see if they work.

Personally, I don't use them. Anything that artificially raises the heart rate in an attempt to increase caloric burn, or has a thermogenic effect, is not something you need. They can have advantages, but I don't see them as necessary.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    With the drinks I don't feel my heart racing faster....I just feel all tingly in my muscles.

I did do a OxyElite Pro AFTER I lost 15lbs on my own. I wanted to see for myself if it worked. I know alot of people here consider it "cheating" but I had my head on start and knew that I must do most of the work. That is why I did Insanity again while taking OxyElite Pro.

I lost 15lbs during a round of Insanity.
    During my second round of Insanity I lost 13lbs in the first month while on the pills. (had to stop during month 2 because my shins were hurting too much)

My "diet" didn't change....I still eat my white rice, spaghetti noodles, etc etc...Since I'm too picky about food, for me it has been about moderation and portion size.

If you take the pills you really don't need a pre trainer drink. You can take one to 3 pills a day. I didn't have no bad side affects. I only felt sick when I took 3 pills a day...so I knew 3 pills was just too much for me. Also if you tale one to 2 pills a day the bottle last longer. =) You do sweat more but I love to sweat!

**it's been awhile since I've taken OxyElite and I haven't gained weight back every now and than I'll be up a lb or 2 for a day but once I drink my water it goes back to normal
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Hello,
    Me and my fiance are starting insanity on Monday the 3rd. Pretty much the same time as you. :)
    I'm down to be buddies thru the journey.
    Gaby
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    My fiance and I are also starting the third!
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    I'd love to start with you guys but it's bad timing to start this week plus I wanted a week to get back into the routine of work and working out after my holiday break. I'll be doing Jillian MIchaels Shred-it with weights this week and starting Insanity (which should be in the mail today) on the 10th!

I know i'll need the support :)
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    With the drinks I don't feel my heart racing faster....I just feel all tingly in my muscles.

I did do a OxyElite Pro AFTER I lost 15lbs on my own. I wanted to see for myself if it worked. I know alot of people here consider it "cheating" but I had my head on start and knew that I must do most of the work. That is why I did Insanity again while taking OxyElite Pro.

I lost 15lbs during a round of Insanity.
    During my second round of Insanity I lost 13lbs in the first month while on the pills. (had to stop during month 2 because my shins were hurting too much)

My "diet" didn't change....I still eat my white rice, spaghetti noodles, etc etc...Since I'm too picky about food, for me it has been about moderation and portion size.

If you take the pills you really don't need a pre trainer drink. You can take one to 3 pills a day. I didn't have no bad side affects. I only felt sick when I took 3 pills a day...so I knew 3 pills was just too much for me. Also if you tale one to 2 pills a day the bottle last longer. =) You do sweat more but I love to sweat!

**it's been awhile since I've taken OxyElite and I haven't gained weight back every now and than I'll be up a lb or 2 for a day but once I drink my water it goes back to normal

When you lost your 15 pounds during the first round of Insanity what weight did you start at? And also with the 13 pound loss the second time...what was your starting weight.

I'm trying to determine how much I can hope/expect to lose through this program. I'm 5'3" right now and 133 pounds and my goal weight is 125 (or maybe a little less).

It's so encouraging reading your success...makes me want to start today instead of next Monday.
  • Okay guys, today marks the day that we will all start the Instantiy workout. Please post if you were able to get your workout in for today and what was you calorie burn if possible. I have a HR monitor so I will be using that to guage my workout intensity.
  • I myself will also be starting today... I will be starting at 7pm good luck on your workout!
  • Tell me how you guys feel after day 1.

I just finished the plyo cardio circuit and burned 557 calories in the 45 minutes. i did the fit test on sunday. So proud of myself although I could have pushed harder. i think I should watch the whole video first so i know what to expect. Other than that i feel good.

And I think I may have burned more calories since I was wearing a slimming belt around my mid section which is pouring sweat.
This discussion has been closed.