Best Exercises for Thighs?

Options
Sbthud
Sbthud Posts: 33 Member
Hello! I am looking to tone up my thighs. I am in a new musical and will have a short skirt for one of my costumes, and while I know you can't really spot reduce, I am looking for some exercises I can do daily/every other day to tone them up a little so they at least look better than they do now. :) They aren't bad, but the inner thigh on each has some cellulite that is noticeable atm. Any suggestions? And yes, I am already focused on what I eat, but with rehearsals, 2 jobs and 2 dogs to take care of, I don't have a huge amount of time each day to devote to an exercise program like I normally would. Oh, and I have about 8 weeks. Thanks!

Replies

• Chaskavitch
    Chaskavitch Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    To build muscle in the thighs, I'd say squats, walking lunges, dead lift, and hip thrusts. The hip thrusts are for your behind, moreso than your thighs, but it would help tighten things up :) Squats and lunges will build up your quads the most, and dead lift will help with your hamstrings and butt as well. If you have weights, absolutely use them. Doing a million air squats will burn, and it will eventually build muscle, but using weighs gets results far more quickly.
  • jhonanie89
    jhonanie89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree, squats will help. They've really helped tone my legs.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I will second the suggestions for squat and deadlift.

"Toning" is one of those terms that means different things to different people, usually some combination of building muscle and getting rid of fat. In the short term, you might be better off focusing on the latter. As you lose some fat, the muscles will show through better. Doing squats, deadlift, etc. while in a little bit of a calorie deficit will help you at least keep the muscles you have, and possibly gain some, depending on your training level.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Lunges, squats and deadlifts.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Check out both of these videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-4A_Ki7us8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYA_tmos1-4
    I really feel these exercises (especially the inner thigh lift and fire hydrants), and sometimes I'll wear ankle weights to feel it even more. She doesn't include a warm up or a stretch routine, so don't forget to do those!