Lasagna!

Options
Farahdubai
Farahdubai Posts: 8 Member
Hi, anyone has a 'healthy' lasagna recipe?! :)

Replies

• AngelaKelly02
    AngelaKelly02 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I exchange pasta sheets for zucchini, and I ditch the cheese and bechamel for a home made pesto. I'm not sure if you can still call it Lasagna after all that but it still tastes good.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    You can do the exchange noodles for zucchini thing...if and when I do that I usually just exchange the inner two layers of noodles with the squash and leave the bottom and top layers as pasta. That way you can enjoy pasta but ligten up the meal at the same time...plus pasta is awesome and to rid of it completely is blasphemy in my book lol.

You can also swap out some of the meat for eggplant if you like it. I do that as well and usually keep the noodles lol. This is my go to recipe for lasagna now:

http://www.marthastewart.com/336865/healthier-meat-lasagna

The serving is freaking huge! 1/4 of an 8x8 dish, and it is still cheesy and saucy the way lasagna should be.
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    ive used eggplant instead of noodles its delicious but sometimes you just want to have the real deal. whenever that doesn't cut it i use the skinnytastes mushroom kale lasagna roll recipe. My measurements estimate each one to be close to about 300 calories,and sodium isnt a problem since i make my own sauce but i usually have a 600-800 calorie dinner anyway so having 2 or 2.5 servings doesnt make me feel so guilty about it.
  • Farahdubai
    Farahdubai Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Been craving lasagna but don't want all the fat & Cals that comes along with it! :)
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Mmmm LASAGNA !
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/skinny_beef_lasagne_87277

From the hairy dieters akas hairy bikers
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I tried the Hairy Bikers recipe where they substitute sheets of leek, but we didn't like it. It was not very tomato-ey and the leeks were difficult to cut even though I cooked them longer than the recommended time and they seemed tender. I might try again with one layer of pasta and the other layers made of zucchini or butternut squash.
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've tried it with zuchinni and it gets all watery, any tips for ways to prevent that? Thanks! :)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    there's really nothing unhealthy in lasagna. pasta is not unhealthy for you as long as you eat a serving of it. cheese is good protein, again in moderation. tomato sauce, as long as there isn't OD amount of sugar, is not bad. add veggies in to bulk it up. eat a slice only, not several. have a salad on the side to fill you up. voila, healthy lasagna. or use whole grain lasagna noodles instead.

sorry, i am in treatment for an eating disorder and my doctor is trying to break the unhealthy and healthy foods. it's okay to eat things like pasta and cheese. but if you're trying to lose weight, pick the fat free options of the cheese and maybe do the whole grains.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i like the idea of someone saying zucchini noodles inbetween with pasta noodles, but i wouldn't just do zucchini noodles. that's gross and not lasagna.
  • htebazil
    htebazil Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I make a this recipe with a few changes. Very large portion and super tasty!

http://www.marthastewart.com/336865/healthier-meat-lasagna