What's your not so usual motivational workout music?

Options
I've recently started doing jogging/walking intervals outside now that the weather is warming up in my area. I was doing Leslie Sansone during the winter which really helped prepare me for outdoor jogging (especially during her boosted walking sessions). I have several playlists for when I workout depending on what genre I want to listen to for that day (rock/alternative, pop, and heavy rock).

However, all I want to listen to lately when I jog/walk are the Hans Zimmer songs from the Rush soundtrack. I LOVE Hans Zimmer (he's in my top 5 of favorite artists), but I never listened to his music when working out. Now, I can't stop playing that soundtrack when I'm outside. Especially the song "Into the Red".

What music motivates you during workouts that others might not consider as workout music?

Replies

• absinthexiii
    absinthexiii Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is one of the many songs that do it for me. The pace of the music, a good portion of the chorus lyrics etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-SQGOYOjxs
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'll have to check it out when I get home from work. At lunch, but they block youtube and my phone sucks :grumble:
  • absinthexiii
    absinthexiii Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ohh Boooo :(

Well the chunk of the chorus i'm refering to is "Don't hold me up now. I can stand my own ground. I don't need your help now...." With the punky upbeat pace (it's kind of rally sonesque), and that repeated over and over seems to resonate in the back of your mind :)
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    The techno remix of Christian Bale flipping out on the lights guy on the set of Terminator always gets me going. No joke!
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to post-hardcore and/or screamo while working out (also just about any type of music within the rock spectrum LOL), but I also enjoy indie type of music which is not too upbeat but I love the music so much that I really am pushed to workout harder. I LOVE Dashboard Confessional, especially the song "Don't Wait." Really cool song, check it out.
  • superman_149
    Options
    I have a playlist of theme songs from my favourite 90's TV shows! They help me keep my mind off of time-especially when running on the treadmill.

WARNING: these songs are catchy, and will probably make you sing outloud. Be prepared to have the person on the treadmill next to you laugh their butt off. (Not that this has ever happened to me or anything......)
  • Operation_Shred
    Options
    I Just Had Sex by The Lonely Island
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    beyonce
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    ....what does the fox say.
    Halo reach themesong.
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have a playlist of theme songs from my favourite 90's TV shows! They help me keep my mind off of time-especially when running on the treadmill.

WARNING: these songs are catchy, and will probably make you sing outloud. Be prepared to have the person on the treadmill next to you laugh their butt off. (Not that this has ever happened to me or anything......)

LOL
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options

hahahaha :laugh:

tumblr_inline_mqtt6o8JwA1qz4rgp.gif
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My play list is from Rock, 80's, Country to Spanish music :)
  • maclamia
    maclamia Posts: 4
    Options
    I can't stand dubstep, usually, but it's almost all I ever listen to when I'm on a treadmill. That, and audio dramas by Big Finish.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Master of Puppets by Metallica. Please don't brush them off as some metal band with nothing to say. Master of Puppets is about being held slave to a substance or a person or some other circumstance. I am recovering from binge eating and my master is food.

Plus it's 220 beats per minute.
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I have a very electic mix on my spotify for working out..included is some fast, up-tempo Irish trad music...people like Frankie Gavin, Socks in the Frying Pan, The Dubliners, Joe Derrane, The Clancy Brothers, Oige etc...mixed with Pitbull, Randy Travis, Edith Piaf, Kesha, Niki Minja..well..you get the idea it's fairly random (oh and Andre Rieu and his orchestra..now that's happy motivational music if ever I heard it )
  • 281Danielle
    281Danielle Posts: 113
    Options
    Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pink Floyd, REO Speedwagon I like working out to classic rock I'm not sure why but nothing motivates me more than hearing an old favorite, it really gets my blood pumping.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    ....what does the fox say.
    Halo reach themesong.

Freaking awesome. Actually oddly enough i have a techno version of "halls of the mountain king"...but when i can't get it the Apocalyptica version is a good substitute. I also as mentioned above listen to some crazy old tv show theme songs...have also found that some of the phenneas and furb songs (Backyard Beach, Squirrels In My Pants and Ain't Got No Rhythm) work pretty well.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Albanach.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I love that damn song.
  • jakedner
    jakedner Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I pick my workout music based solely on my mood at the time of my workout, so it varies a lot.

Sometimes it's Broadway theatre soundtracks or the music from the tv show SMASH or Micheal Buble or Sam Harris or sometimes it's Bon Jovi. Like I said, it varies... I just need something to listen to so my right brain is entertained so I don't get bored so quickly when I'm running.