Amazon might think you're a drug dealer...

tomomatic
tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
From the article: http://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-suggested-items-2014-4

Have you ever bought a food scale on Amazon? Did you start getting recommendations for things like this:

kz8cugr.png

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    LMGDAO!!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    you're not a drug dealer?? \m/
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Yep happened to me as well. My drug dealers and I had those little metal scales you had to balance on a pencil and clip the bag onto. These kids today have everything so much easier.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Funny you posted this, no joke, I was looking at food scales earlier today and was getting the same things "recommended"
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    I just go to the local police department, tell them I'm a science teacher and get as many high end scales as I want.......

you know, for science.
  • yulmartha
    yulmartha Posts: 3 Member
    HILARIOUS!!! This made my day.
  • Xxoxo
    Xxoxo Posts: 233
    OMFG :laugh:
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    hahaha this is too funny!

Not long ago I had to send some things out through DHL, and the guy was using a little scale to know how many pounds the article I was sending was, and I was shocked cause I've never seen a food scale in my country, so I asked him "Hey where you got that?" And he told me that he thought it was purchased abroad. Then he said: "It would be good to have one to measure ........ the grams" :laugh: And he said it with an "if you know what I mean" face. It took me a couple of seconds, I'm so innocent I immediately assumed he was also into logging his meals LOL.
  • exorcistt
    exorcistt Posts: 14
    Amazon is just trying to help
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Does this mean that you can't hook me up?
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Wonder if anyone ever bought a baseball bat and then got recommendations for "personal massagers"
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Seriously though, this was the easiest way to get a class set of high quality precision digital scales when I was working in LAUSD. For "some reason" the police always have lots of them available, and those things are expensive so you can save a huge amount on your classroom budget this way.
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Bahahaha!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    That's too funny :laugh:
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Wonder if anyone ever bought a baseball bat and then got recommendations for "personal massagers"
    "Personal massagers" with a baseball bat?!?
    Did it also suggest to you works by the Marquis de Sade? :tongue:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    That is hilarious. I put in some bento box stuff and now my Amazon is all anime, baby supplies, and martial arts suggestions...