Polar Loop Adjustment

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
I'm looking for input from anyone that uses the Polar Loop activity tracker - Do you make a calorie adjustment manually in your MFP diary?

I used to use the BodyMedia Fit Link armband and it would sync to MFP automatically and make a calorie adjustment for me, so I'd know up to what calorie amount I could eat and still keep the deficit I wanted for my weightloss goals. Not sure how it decided how much of an adjustment to make.

I got it so I can get a better understanding of how many cals I burn in an entire day so I can eat more pretty much lol. I want to eat all the foodz!!

Thanks for any input pals.

Replies

• jencolangelo
    jencolangelo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a similar question - I think the answer to this question could apply to any fitness tracker that doesn't automatically sync with MyFitnessPal - can you manually enter the calories that your fitness tracker shows that you burned?
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I have a similar question - I think the answer to this question could apply to any fitness tracker that doesn't automatically sync with MyFitnessPal - can you manually enter the calories that your fitness tracker shows that you burned?

I guess you could enter a "burn" as exercise to make an adjustment. But then comes in the question of figuring out what MFP says your daily lifestyle burn would be compared to what your fitness tracker says you burned. I'm not sure how MFP calculates that data, what formula they use (if it does) to determine your calorie deficit and how much you should eat. All I know is it's designed for you to eat exercise cals back.
  • bericoco
    bericoco Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you click on your My Home, Goals it will show you what MFP is using as your 'calories burned from normal daily activity'.
    Use an exercise entry to make any adjustment from this figure to match your trackers data.

Eg, I am aiming for 1200 cal net
    My 'calories burned from normal daily activity' is listed as 2070
    If my tracker listed my days activity as 2500, I would add an exercise entry of 430
    Meaning I could consume 1630 to meet my goal of 1200 net
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    If you click on your My Home, Goals it will show you what MFP is using as your 'calories burned from normal daily activity'.
    Use an exercise entry to make any adjustment from this figure to match your trackers data.

Eg, I am aiming for 1200 cal net
    My 'calories burned from normal daily activity' is listed as 2070
    If my tracker listed my days activity as 2500, I would add an exercise entry of 430
    Meaning I could consume 1630 to meet my goal of 1200 net
    ^^ thank you!!!