New to MFP

Options
Hi all! I am looking for some friends to support and who can help support me on my weight loss journey. I am 27 years old, 5'9", and currently weigh 291 lbs. (uggg, I know, terrible, right?) My first weight goal is 175 lbs. I know it will take a while but I also know I CAN do it!

Replies

• joycechastity2
    Options
    I just started today too. Welcome!!!:happy:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Gals
    It will be a journey but we all will
    support and motivate. You can
    add me as a friend if you like. :bigsmile:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP to you both:flowerforyou: It's a great place to change your life!:drinker:
  • whetzel3141
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site has really changed my life and cheers to you for making the first step. This is an excellent resource for losing weight and taking accountability in our lives. I would love to be your friend to support you and keep you encouraged.
  • wingofadove
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I would love to support you with this because i need help to.:flowerforyou:
  • lucybp
    lucybp Posts: 193
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • larrymoss
    Options
    Hi, I am Larry. Just started yesterday and looking forward to seeing some changes.
  • ashbridge
    Options
    Welcome to your new life! I have been on MFP since the end of September, and have become addicted to it. I went from 333 down to 295, and wan to get to around 150 lbs. So we are have the same goals. We can do this together. MFP offers such encouragement, accountability, and the drive to keep going. I recommend adding as many people as you can, put your diary to public, and most importantly if you mess up on one meal, dont throw your whole day away. Remember it's one meal at a time, one diet at a time. This is all about a lifestyle change, not a diet!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I'll be your friend if you'd like....I'm 35, 5'8" and currently 198. My goal is 170. I'm sure you'll do great!

Oh, and welcome to you too, Larry!
  • larrymoss
    Options
    Good luck. When you meet your goal, go back to the mall and find that woman. Tell her, "I am hot and you still work at the mall."
  • JosephTucker
    Options
    Stick to it and log your food everything day!...you will fall, but get back up and keep on trucking!!
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm trying to lose 50. There is a lot of help here. Add me as a friend if you like!
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    Welcome Aboard. Always happy to make new friends.