Rotisserie chickens?

Does anyone ever eat them?

Replies

• jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    yes. i get one once a week and use it for lunches
  • aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    I was basically wondering how horrible they are for you.....I had one for dinner tonight but I didn't eat the skin
  • brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    i buy them on occasion but wouldnt depend on them because they're cooked with the skins on.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    I buy them occasionally. They are high in sodium but other than that they are good for you. I eat the skin (mostly).

From the database:
    Chicken - Half Rotisserie Chicken - Skinless
    Calories 420 Sodium 800 mg

That's the only entry I can find that says "skinless".
  • brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    I wouldnt consider them horrible as the amount of ft that cooked into the meat from the skin is ok and balances the meal. I wouldnt be too concerned. I still weigh the meat I eat and keep it portioned. FYI I have ate whole chickens before with no regrets!
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    the amount of ft that cooked into the meat from the skin is ok and balances the meal

where do you come up with this asinine nonsense?

its not like a freaking sponge.. thats just ridiculous

ETA:

Chickens arent born salty and the sodium content will vary as to what seasoning was used (if any) or injected

ETA2:

I eat them... Usually with no silverware and some decent BBQ sauce. Mmmm protein..
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    the amount of ft that cooked into the meat from the skin is ok and balances the meal

where do you come up with this asinine nonsense?

its not like a freaking sponge.. thats just ridiculous

ETA:

Chickens arent born salty and the sodium content will vary as to what seasoning was used (if any) or injected

ETA2:

I eat them... Usually with no silverware and some decent BBQ sauce. Mmmm protein..
    i eat them without silverware too!
  • ilenewilliams
    ilenewilliams Posts: 48 Member
    I eat them, I just remove the skin. I can't think they would be bad for you. I just control the portion size to 4 or 6 oz per meal. Perfect "fast" food on a day I would have driven through a drive thru before.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    We eat them often. Good, easy dinner with some veg and gravy, or we have them in rolls and I use the leftovers for salad, pasta sauces, chicken casseroles etc.

Being rotisseried, a lot of the fat drips off during cooking and they are no better or worse than any other roasted chook.
  • aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    I just ate the chicken (no skin) and roasted asparagus....leftovers will give me another meal or 2
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    I often eat them, and I eat the skin, too. :tongue:
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    I was basically wondering how horrible they are for you.....I had one for dinner tonight but I didn't eat the skin

The skin is the best part! :angry:
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    They are awesome. I get one each week. I eat the thighs because that's my favorite and the rest goes to sandwiches and soups.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Costco has the beeesssstttt. $5 and I usually get 2 pounds of meat. Then I use the bones to make homemade stock. Then I drain the fat off the stock and use it for sauteeing stuff.

I almost feel like I'm stealing.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    I eat them occaisionally.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Just had one today.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Couldn't be any worse than those Buffalo wings I eat all the time.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    I them once in a while. It works for the whole family and I love the skin :wink:
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    They're a bargain. My grocer sells them cold the next day for half price, so I strip all the chicken and then make stock.