Tracking my Strength Training

Options
Hi Everybody- I'm on a mission to do more strength training. How do I track calories lost on MFP for strength training? It nice to see how many calories burned each day.
Thanks
BpB

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Any method you chose likely won't be accurate. I do the TDEE method so I don't have to bother with inaccurate exercise calories.
  • lilyp91
    lilyp91 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know too. Here's hoping someone jumps in soon to share the info!
  • bpbartlette
    bpbartlette Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Whats TDEE?
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You can monitor your heart rate with a monitor and see how much you have burned while lifting weights, and enter that. I personally use MFP's 'strength training' entry in the cardio section. I log sets, reps & weights in the strength section, and then I put in that I did one 'minute' per set - so if I did 3 sets of 10 reps for my biceps, I'll put it 3 minutes into cardio. It seems to work for me, because I don't want to count the standing-around time in between sets.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You can monitor your heart rate with a monitor and see how much you have burned while lifting weights, and enter that. I personally use MFP's 'strength training' entry in the cardio section. I log sets, reps & weights in the strength section, and then I put in that I did one 'minute' per set - so if I did 3 sets of 10 reps for my biceps, I'll put it 3 minutes into cardio. It seems to work for me, because I don't want to count the standing-around time in between sets.

Heart rate monitor is only for cardio with a steady heart rate - won't be accurate for strength training.