New Journey! New Friends!

Hello all! My name is Daniella, and I'm a 23 year old college student in Miami, FL. I also work full time as an administrative assistant. I've struggled with my weight my whole life. I think I've been on every type of diet on this side of the universe. Sometimes they work, and I'll gain everything back ten fold. In this last year I gained 60 pounds. My "heart was broken" and I could only find comfort in food and binge drinking. Now that I've gotten back on my feet I am embarrassed and ashamed of myself for allowing the kind of behavior I did towards my body.

I plan to lose these 120 pounds in a year, maybe a year and a half. I think it's a completely decent goal. I find that support and inspiration and motivation are key factors in succeeding, and if anyone ever needs a friend to complain to, swap tips or maybe even recipes - feel free to add me!

I wish everyone the best on their fitness journey. We can do it! <3

Replies

• amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    You are welcome to add me. I love friends who like and comment often, as I do the same.
  • Will send you an add :) I gained too from my "heart break". :)
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    HI!
    My name is Kim and I can relate to your story. My weight loss journey began two years ago. I was at my heaviest (225) and things were not good. I couldn't keep up with my kids, I was tired all the time, and my doctor told me that my cholesterol was on the rise! I decided something needed to change. I started walking, and eventually doing some weight training. I am down 65 pounds! I feel so much better, and I love supporting and encouraging people to do the same. I would be happy to be an accountability partner with you. I still have some weight to lose, so we can work at it together! Getting your nutrition under control is a big key to losing weight. I can share what has worked for me if you are interested. If you work hard, I know you can reach your goal! So what do ya say? Are you in? Add me as a buddy if you are!
  • nghosh91
    nghosh91 Posts: 4
    Oh boy does that sound familiar. I'm planning on losing 92 lbs in a little less than a year. Is it ok if I add you?
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    I'll send an add. Also have to lose a lot. :D
  • gracie11lexi13
    gracie11lexi13 Posts: 123 Member
    Hi. My name is Krista my story is on my page. You can do this. I thought I never could do it the right way and here I am 18.3 pounds lighter in 3 months. No fad diet and no pills. Just eating in moderation and watching my calories.