Strength Training Ideas for Summer

Options
In the last year or so, I've slowly lost about 15 pounds and want to keep up this trend. I typically take Body Pump twice a week and run outside 3-4 times per week. I will not have access to the gym I usually go to this summer because of some schedule changes but I want to continue some type of strength training. I am not good at staying motivated with at-home workouts and I really enjoy the workout class environment. I am considering Crossfit for the summer months. It's just so expensive but I am open to trying it out. Does anyone have any other recommendations for strength training? Or ways to stay motivated with at-home workouts if that is my only option? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    There might be outdoor boot camp classes in your area. Try checking google and Craigslist.

Another option is to do bodyweight exercises outdoors, like at a playground. Maybe take resistance bands with you to expand your choices. There are lots of posts (and websites) on these exercises.

Videos at home are pretty popular, like FitnessBlender, P90X, Zuzka Light, etc. Try several and see what motivates you.

Whichever you choose, good music can make any workout better!
  • arf24_1
    arf24_1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Check pinterest for at home crossfit workouts!
  • dancinqueen91
    dancinqueen91 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I love the outdoor boot camp idea - I'll definitely look into that.

And gotta love a good Pinterest workout. I didn't realize they had at-home Crossfit versions so I'll have to check that out. Thanks!