I need friends

Options
Hello all! I am a 32 yr old mother (5 yr old little boy) who has A LOT of extra weight to lose. I was never overweight until i got pregnant with my son. I very quickly gained a ton of weight with him (70 lbs to be exact). After I had him i lost over half of it, but couldnt seem to get any more off. It was like my body was holding it and working against me. 4 years later I had had enough, I switched doctors (I was tired of them all telling me to keep exercising... hell I was running races and whizzing past a lot of skinny little folks), my new nurse practitioner did some blood work on me and found that i had a tumor on my pituitary gland... great. It was producing prolactin which was making my body think i was a nursing mother so i was holding on to every calorie... double great. So I went into a depression, gained all of my weight back plus about 50 more lbs. Keeping track? That's 120 lbs overweight, geesh. I am now on meds for the "prolactinomia", I am pre diabetic, have PCOS (on metformin) and my cholesterol was high. I would love to have another baby, but it aint happening with me like this.

So I need friends, my doctor has given me until March to lose some weight, but i want to blow his bow tie off (yes he wears a bow tie).

Let's keep each other motivated and accountable!:bigsmile:

Replies

• DawniesLife
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck. I can understand the PCOS issues, I also have PCOS although I am trying to manage it at home with diet and exercise right now. I tried the Metformin a couple years ago, but it made me sick. So considering my lack of insurance and finances right now, I am trying to manage my weight at home which in turn will help. I am also insulin resistant which is one of my biggest motivating factors to lose weight.
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    That's a lot to deal with! But you're already on your way to meeting your goals. You'll find a lot of helpful people here.
  • sandollar1977
    sandollar1977 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow! Our health can sure reach up and bite us, can't it!? Welcome to MFP!! I'm fairly new here as well but have found a huge amount of support if you are just willing to grab it! Good luck!!!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    You can do it! Really watch your portion sizes, don't deprive yourself...if you want to have a piece of chocolate, then do so. Keep moving, exercise is so important. You can lose 24 pounds by March 'easily'! Good luck to you!
  • NZGeekGirl
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here also. You can definitely do this!! Wishing you lots of luck!!!!
  • Brandiscott1
    Brandiscott1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm new to MFP and not too consistant.
    My goal is to be consistant and make some friends! Count me in!
    I'm heading to work, but consider me a friend and let's motivate eachother!
    Happy New Year!
    I'll catch up with you more later!
    Brandi
  • karrah2303
    Options
    Wow, thank you all for the quick responses! You guys and gals rock! @MysticDawnie, my fellow PCOS sista, Metformin made me sick as well, my doc reduced it down and so far it has worked. I take one in the morning and two at night, so we shall see. Good luck to you all and thanks for the adds!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also relatively new here, and I also have the desire for a second child partially fueling my journey. There are several challenges (weight loss, exercise) starting Jan 1st--maybe joining something like that will give you some extra motivation! I need friends on here as well, so feel free to add me.
  • manleyzoo
    manleyzoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

You have already started your journey. This place is wonderful. I have joined several, WW, Spark, etc. This one is best by far. I have only been here a week and made lots of friend and have gotten tons of support! Friend me if you wish!!

Linda in IA
  • Bridge3272
    Options
    Me too lady! When I got pregnant 7 years ago I was 165, after I delivered I was 195-- Now--274!! What the HELL happened!! I just don't know. I had a bid depression problem and have apparently been eating my emotions!! This is it for me I am shedding these pounds and taking back the power food has over me!! I am tired of being tired and worn out! I want to feel good, and have energy to play!
  • OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    agree that this is the best site by far! been on the others and there is NO comparison. This is an actual support system. they will kick your butt when you need it, and lift you up with you need it! Amazing! sending a friend request to you! :flowerforyou:
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hang in there eveything will work out. You have already taken the first step .
  • acarter72
    acarter72 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome-I gained a lot with my second pregnancy as well. You are here and so you will shock your doc! WTG for making the commitment! I am new here too so I will send you a friend request! Anne, Virginia, mommy to 2
  • Diesel66
    Diesel66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! and thanks for the ADD :)