How do you satisfy your sweet tooth?

Options
I have a huge sweet tooth, candy, chocolate and I love baking. What are some low cal ways to satisfy my sweet tooth? What are your fave sweet snacks?

Replies

• DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    anything i want just in reasonable amounts
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I ensure I have a small bit of chocolate every night after dinner. (Mini Mars bar, frozen)
    I can't be trusted with most baked goods so I don't go near them anymore - not until I have this weight loss thing under control.
    I use artifical sweetener most days - in my coffee, in my oats, in plain 0% fat Chobani. Plus a squirt of vanilla extract if the mood takes me.
    I have fruit as a snack where I can, and sometimes just a few sultanas or raisins is enough to give me a taste of sweetness.
    I'm in no way against sugar, I just love sweet things as well and so have to keep well away unlessI have budgeted for it in my calories!
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Fudgecicle, gummy bears, skinny cow ice cream sandwich, couple hershey kisses
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Lately it has been M&Ms. I buy the large bag and it will literally last me months. If you are able to stick with small amounts at a time it works well. I usually eat 15-20 several times a week. If you can't hold yourself to limits I wouldn't recommend this approach.
  • JessH0204
    JessH0204 Posts: 47
    Options
    My kid's Easter candy is taunting me right now.
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'll admit I've been going a little overboard on Easter candy this week, but when I'm in my more usual routine, I like to have a half-cup of light ice cream (about 130 calories), an ice cream sandwich (about 160 calories), or a fudgsicle - something like that. Tootsie Roll Pops are awesome, only 60 calories and they take you a while to eat!

I don't bake much anymore, but my fiance likes to make cookies and brownies still. When he does, I bring some of the extras in to work (they disappear fast!) and/or limit myself to one serving a day. Eat it slowly with a glass of milk and it's more than satisfying.
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    I like to save calories so I can have a serving of dark chocolate covered almonds every evening. (Can't control myself with the milk chocolate ones!)

If I'm jonesing for sweets in the morning, I will sometimes mix a tiny bit of Nutella (1/2 - 1 tsp) into a bowl of oatmeal. It's a very fulfilling way to get over that chocolate craving! Most mornings lately, though, I've been eating greek yogurt and honey. Mmmm...
  • Joanwetz
    Joanwetz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers chocolate raspberry ice cream bars are delicious! I keep animal crackers in the house and Carmel rice cakes.
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I had a major ice cream craving this week that I satisfied by mixing some coconut milk with maple syrup and eating with a spoon! Less calories than a pint of Haagen Daz which is what I was considering!
  • michele0101
    Options
    Sugar free popsicles, 15 cals each. I usually have several each night. Also a regular size hershey bar, 210 cals, or a york peppermint patty, 140 cals I think, are good if they fit into your calorie budget. I cannot buy a large bag....just have to buy one at a time.
  • LovelyLisa1000
    LovelyLisa1000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I always eat a small bowl of cereal with fruit and unsweetened almond milk to satisfy my sweet tooth.
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    By keeping a steady rotation of seedless grapes in the freezer it decreases the amount of the hulk smash feeling I get when the withdrawal symptoms of my previous life's chocolate addiction kick in.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a 100 calorie plain Fage yoghurt sprinkled with cinnamon, 1 tbl chopped walnuts and a tbl of honey mixed in. So good!
  • brandi797
    Options
    Jello sugar free chocolate pudding--the cook & serve (not instant) stuff. I make it with water only, no milk, so the entire box is only 120 cal. That means I can indulge on 2 cups of chocolately goodness with no guilt!
  • gracie11lexi13
    gracie11lexi13 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I buy dove dark chocolate and eat 1 square at a time very slowly. More like let it melt in my mouth to savor the flavor.
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Gummy worms and mr freeze bars...
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I use portion control, make sure the calories fit into my calorie goal :) Having said that, I eat really whatever I want! Popsicles, ice cream, gummi worms (sour are the best!), chocolate, the Dairy Queen cake sitting in my freezer ;)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Yoplait boston cream pie = 90 cals, 5 proteins.

Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom vanilla bean and salted caramel variety pack = 100 cals each.

Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom fudge bars = 60 cals

I prefer things which come in individual portions so I'm not tempted to have an extra bite or two.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Chocolate ice cream and Peanut Butter, brown sugar cinnamon bread toasted with peanut butter, Easter candy as of late, Dole chocolate dipped bananas, apples and cinnamon sprinkled on them, chobani flips, fruit
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Pb2. It tastes very sweet to me, sugar free fudgesicles, 17 dark chocolate chips, liberte full fat lemon yogurt OMG but it is 240 calories