Walking at work

Options
I walk non stop at my job and that is what I have entered for my first couple of days. Does walking at work count or only extra walking?

Replies

• MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't count walking at work, since I gained weight there too, all while walking and standing for 8 hrs a day. I am only logging actual exercise or extra activity. Good luck to you
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I would change your activity level to active if it's not already. I walk some at work and then intentionally walk on my breaks. And then just add in intentional exercise. I have been using a Fitbit for almost a year now and just let t do my adjustments.
  • debbikay_
    debbikay_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh ok! I see now! I did set my activity level to active so I see where that would be your base level and then anything over that would be extra! Duh! I get it now thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I walk non stop at my job and that is what I have entered for my first couple of days. Does walking at work count or only extra walking?

I do two 15 minute, 1 mile walks each day at work. They count as part of my additional exercise.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    When I work my second job in security, I have scheduled patrols. I use them as exercise and log it. Even though each bout is only 10 minutes at a time, I am walking with enough effort to feel it, and it's been adding up. I also take the stairs and sprint up them in short bursts.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    if it's beyond what your normal walking you do at work it does count. I walk on all my breaks and adds up to 4 miles a day.