If you ate whatever you wanted (within limit)?

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want, stay in a deficit, lose weight, and feel fine. No "feelin' like crap" here.
    x2

x3 (I had ice cream for breakfast, ssshhh)

when it gets hot I have it for supper...DQ ice cream at that...shhhhh

I used to do ice cream for dinner, back when a serving was whatever fit in the bowl. Aaaah, the memories. :love:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want, stay in a deficit, lose weight, and feel fine. No "feelin' like crap" here.
    x2

x3 (I had ice cream for breakfast, ssshhh)

evil woman.....I had pepperoni pizza for dinner ;P and I feel fantastic! Seriously, eat it in moderation and you may find you'll be okay.

Come back after you have it for breakfast. You'll feel even more fantastic! :tongue:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Pretty much. But I do try to pay attention to macros and eat lots of fruits and veggies too.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    answer is the following:

1. if you ate at surplus you will gain.
    2. if you eat at maintenance you will maintain
    3. if you eat at deficit you will lose

/end thread
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely gain because whatever I "wanted" would be all the bad things that I usually don't have any self control for...cookies...cake...pizza.

yes, but those foods did not make you fat…overeating on them did ...
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I do eat what I want, every day. The point is, what I want to eat is a mix of healthy foods and some treat foods. I like to eat the foods I eat. (check my diary, it's open). I'm at maintenance, so I maintain my weight. I feel really good because I eat good food and I enjoy what I eat.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

100000% this.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I always gain if we're talking about junk. Say if I have McDonald's and even drop cals to fit it in I put on weight.

Probably from the sodium/water retention.

QFT.
  • absrpp
    absrpp Posts: 20
    Options
    Meaning, if you ate your maintenance calories in junk food? You would maintain your weight... You would just probably feel like crap.

and look like crap too... bloating, acne,...
  • RToland45
    RToland45 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    GAIN!! I don't eat sweets....but LOVE fried chicken!:heart:
  • knot_enough
    knot_enough Posts: 176 Member
    Options

1849-1_zps05bcd7bc.jpg

and the worst part is, ID DO IT AGAIN lol
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    x2

Same here. Thing is, I have to make sure I don't have fresh bread in the house more often than about once a month, or it would be a whole different story. :bigsmile:

That said, I don't have a taste for "junk foods" which are easy to overeat. I mostly eat very "healthy" foods (along with some sweets) because they're satisfying and that's what I want to eat.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I always eat whatever I want. I don't force myself to eat foods that I don't like because life's too short for that BS. That being said, I like fruits, veggies, lean meats, etc so I do eat them too.

Moral of the story: if calories in<calories out, you lose. No broccoli required.
  • cthomp45
    cthomp45 Posts: 1
    Options
    What are macros? I've seen that word around and I don't know what it means. I'm new.. haha :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

1849-1_zps05bcd7bc.jpg

and the worst part is, ID DO IT AGAIN lol

Did you really eat 40 chicken nuggets?

image.png
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Probably. What would kill me would be if I ate something like carrot cake or other massively caloric things that aren't that big. I used to only do that every six months or so, so I could certainly do that.

At this point I LIKE small portions. I feel gross if I eat too much. But just like I taught myself to do that ('shrank my stomach' as my mom used to say) I bet I could stretch it out again.
  • JakeNJ95
    JakeNJ95 Posts: 54
    Options
    If I started eating whatever I wanted it would be power bars and calzones from this place called Bova's in boston. I don't because I cannot afford to lol.
  • Wingg_
    Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I literally eat ice cream everyday or cookies and chocolate and maintain my weight. I make sure I'm within my calorie limits that's all. Not feeling like crap. I feel happy. If I want to eat more, I will work out more that's all because I'm really short so I need to work out to earn those calories.
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    What are macros? I've seen that word around and I don't know what it means. I'm new.. haha :)

taken from mickinley health center.

Macronutrients are nutrients that provide calories or energy. Nutrients are substances needed for growth, metabolism, and for other body functions. Since “macro” means large, macronutrients are nutrients needed in large amounts. There are three macronutrients protein/carbohydrates/fat
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    It seems like an odd question if you never had a weight issue you would have always eaten what you wanted, when hungry in moderation and naturally eat at roughly your TDEE and maintained your weight. Now heart disease or other issues because of your choices is a different topic.