How fast do you gain weight after a binge weekend?

Options
I ate enough food this weekend and the days following to have gained at least 2 pounds, BUT I weighed myself today and was 1 pound lighter!
Don't get me wrong I'm happy I've not gained weight from all the calories I've eaten, but will it catch up to me next week instead? Or does gaining weight happen instantly the next day?

Replies

• acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I've always gained weight immediately after a weekend where I ate poorly. I usually see the weight slowly drop off as I start eating correctly, watching my sodium intake, and drinking more water.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Water weight fluctuations are unpredictable like that.
  • Eoghann
    Eoghann Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't gain significant weight from a couple of days of overeating. It's a more sustained period that causes it.

Keep in mind that while sites like this work things out for a 24 hour period... the body works on its own schedule.

Even if you binged for the weekend, what about the week before and the days following?
  • dcandreani
    dcandreani Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For me, it's usually next day. But I drink tons of water to help reduce bloating and then within a day I am back to my normal weight.
  • livingsecret
    livingsecret Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't gain significant weight from a couple of days of overeating. It's a more sustained period that causes it.

Keep in mind that while sites like this work things out for a 24 hour period... the body works on its own schedule.

Even if you binged for the weekend, what about the week before and the days following?

I had a steady routine before the weekend so I don't think I had a large enough calorie deficit to counteract this weekend, but you say something about our own bodies schedule? What do you mean?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Did you eat an excess 3500 calories + any deficit since you last weighed in before the weekend? If not then you probably will only gain water weight.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I usually don't gain anything (anymore than a usual fluctuation at least) after a binge weekend. I try to make sure my daily calories are around my target, but to account for "binge days", I'm more interested in the week-long average to make sure I've evened it out to near my calorie goal. One (or even two) days of treat eats won't steer you too far off course. Just make sure you get back into your good habits ASAP.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    i never gain weight from over eating for 2 days straight not at all
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I don't gain weight, besides water weight, because my weekends are worked into my weekly calories.
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    It's not what I gain, it's what I lose: Ambition, Direction, Motivation, Excitement. I end up tired, headachy and tired.
  • tmdpotts
    tmdpotts Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I personally fluctuate in weight all the time but I know if I look like I have put on 10lbs overnight but most of its gone in a day or two and my binge last night was 3 doughnuts 6 cookies and a sub all within 2 hours. Its now 24hours later and looking lean again
  • AdventureFreak
    AdventureFreak Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I can gain 10 superficial pounds overnight. It will take a week to get back to where I started.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I gain 2-3 pounds, but it's water weight and I can lose it all in a couple days if I get right back on track.
  • gossipkween
    gossipkween Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i usually gain 3-4 lbs. takes about a week of eating right and working out to get back on track.