Thrown away!

Options
Okay, so I know I shouldn't support wasting, but I am very proud of myself. I threw away half of my sushi lunch. I was full and didn't want to finish it. In the past, I would have gobbled it down bc I can't stand to waste and sushi is not good left-over. So this was such a big step for me (and it looked so pretty) that I took a pic of the remains. Bye bye sushi (a new year's week splurge). Bye bye overeating just because it's in front of me. Hello to listening to my body! Thanks to the MFP member who posted about a homeles man near his office that doesn't get enuf to eat. It gave me good perspective that I have enuf and shouldn't overeat. Next time I'll just get one roll :)
MFP didn't let me copy the pic here...oh well, picture a beautiful spicy tuna roll, chopsticks, and some wasabi, lol.

Replies

• harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • joycechastity2
    Options
    Nicely done!!! That is a hard thing to do. You should feel proud of yourself!!!!:laugh:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I woulda taken it for you!!! Seriously though, good job! :flowerforyou:
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    Good for you! I am terrible with over eating, not because I don't wan to waste, but because I just plain and simple like the taste and have a hard time pushing it away even when I feel full! Its terrible!
  • trixiedixies
    Options
    Way to go! That is one of my struggles....not only will I eat mine, but my kids food left on their plates! New year new attitude!
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    seriously, great job. that's a HUGE, huge realization. congrats!

i'm infamous for always leaving with doggy bag leftovers. LOL.... whatevers. lunch turns into lunch + dinner. saves my waistline AND my pocketbook! hahah....
  • SweatpantsHematoma
    Options
    Good for you! I have the same problem. I struggle with not wanting to waste food, even when it means ignoring what my body is telling me. It's the exact same thing I'm working on right now! Good luck to you.
  • Bauer77
    Bauer77 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yea thats awesome!!! I like the fact next time you are going to get just one. My parents used to make me finish everything on my plate when I was a kid, and honestly I think that was teaching me the bad habits of cleaning my plate and others like someone had mentioned before. Keep up the good work!
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Way To Go! I'm still struggling with that. Plus I have this weird habit of finishing my 2yr olds food if he doesn't because I don't want to throw it out. That is the reason why I don't force him to eat when he's finished, I don't want him to have this habit too.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Yea thats awesome!!! I like the fact next time you are going to get just one. My parents used to make me finish everything on my plate when I was a kid, and honestly I think that was teaching me the bad habits of cleaning my plate and others like someone had mentioned before. Keep up the good work!

My parents did the same thing. My mom would load our plates and hand them to us. We'd eat it all before we were allowed to leave the table - unless we were sick. And, God love her, she always thought a brownie, or a cookie, or a piece of cake with milk could solve all the worlds problems. LOL! I've started using smaller plates and making smarter choices about what I put on it, so it psychologically looks like a whole plate of food without me gorging and feeling guilty. And good for you!!! I love sushi and don't know if I could have stopped.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Well done! I sometimes douse the food with hot sauce or ketchup or something to make it inedible to keep myself away once I'm done and waiting for the server to clear it. I hate to waste it and am a member of the clean plate club too, lol.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

Another member of the "Clean Plate Club" here... :tongue: Took me years to stop that habit and finally start listening to my body. Way to go!!!! It will get easier the more you do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!