Lets be friends

ambrchrstn
ambrchrstn Posts: 22
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! I've been a member since July but have to admit I have not checked in or followed any type of healthy lifestyle for a while. I'm not "overweight" but would like to lose 10-15 pounds and have a leaner, more toned body. I've been trying to lose the weight for a few years now but have not been able to stick with the commitment. I know that it's not just about following a diet and that it's more about a lifestyle change but I love food and am not consistant with working out. I have a support system at home but they "love me the way I am" and they are not quite the support I am needing to make these personal changes. I've decided that I would try the message boards this time around to meet new people and find new inspiration/motivation to become a leaner, healthier me.

CW: 135
Goal: 120-125

Best Wishes this new year!

Replies

• Good luck to you too!
  • I am semi new here - having been a "loner" on this site for the last month - I have success now with almost 10 lbs of weight loss. The best thing is the tracking - I get to the point where I have only 78 calories left in my "goal" for the day - and then I realize, if I take a 45 minute walk, I can eat more and still be in that goal! Since I LOVE to eat - it is the pleasure not the pain which is motivating me now!

Now I'm connecting with some new friends her to give and receive encouragement! Happy New Year everyone!! 2011 is going to be outstanding!!
This discussion has been closed.