What did you do differently this time?

Options
2»

Replies

• superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Charmagne, thanks so much for sharing. Reading the blog was both familiar and helpful. I've started to realize that just because the food is there, it doesn't mean I have to eat it. One of the first things I used to do when I would get to work was to check the break room to see if there were any leftovers from night shift, and this was regardless of whether I was hungry or not. (Just one example of my many bad habits). The past few times I've avoided doing that because even if it is there, I don't need it. I'm also trying to eat slower (I tend to inhale food) and really listen to what my body is telling me, because if I wanted to, I could eat an entire pizza. I try to make sure that every time I eat it is deliberate, if that makes sense. Now all I have to do is stick with it. ;)

Breaking out of those old habits is so hard. GOOD FOR YOU!

I'm glad my journey was helpful. I shove it down everyone's throats because they were VERY hard (yet seemingly obvious in hind sight) lessons to learn and I suffered SO MUCH until I finally understood. If you can stop suffering sooner than I did, my time in hell was worth it :)

Charmagne
  • skinnyack
    Options
    I decided this whole unhealthy thing wasn't a joke and wasn't going to go away by itself. I decided that if I had to quit my job (check) and find another one that could allow me time/$$ for a healthier lifestyle (check) and sign a year long contract with a personal trainer(check) that I would do it- it took awhile- but I also had given myself a deadline of 30 (at the time that was about a year-sufficient time). When things didn't work or weren't enough (the trainer part for the first 3 months was enough accountability to keep exercising but not enough on the food front) I kept my eyes open for opportunities to hone in on what other tools I needed. MFP popped up. And this is where in the last 4 months I've actually seen the most difference. I had to allow myself the time for change both mentally and physically instead of- "my cousins wedding is in 8 weeks- I'm going to try to lose 10 pounds" with nothing more than a SELF magazine to guide me. No wonder we fail.
    I think weight struggle sometimes is such a private thing- but we can't (with some exceptions) do it alone. The community aspect virtual or otherwise, along with our own intrinsic motivation, really pair to make it a better experience/more successful.
  • Nargistsheikh
    Options
    Wow are doing so good.Please tell me what you are doing.I would like to lose 50lbs.
  • imustdecrease
    Options
    reminding myself that 1/3 of the nation has fatty liver disease and even more have diabetes. My mom is one of them. The end result of the two combined is liver cancer..the liver poisons the system with igh levels of ammonia. The medication to keep this in check usually keeps the person homebound because of the laxitive effect. When the ammonia is to high the person is confused and in some cases slip into a coma...overeating is not worth it...refined sugar is not worth..sitting on your bum doing nothing is not worth..This keeps me motivated. Fatty liver disease can be reversed if caught early and can be diagnosed with a simple blood screen.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    1. I'm not trying to force it by eating as little as I can get away with.

2. I actually exercise.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I made it a priority this time. Also, instead of 'dieting' i practiced portion control and eating in moderation. It's easier to stick to something when you can still eat things you love ... just less of them. I also forced myself to workout and found activities i actually enjoyed :) I had to make myself a priority and once i started shredding & noticing, it was easier to continue :))
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!