Advocare/Adipex

Options
Hello All!

I am new to the weight loss world. I had my son and had a rough pregnancy. I gained 65 pounds and need to get back into shape! I have friends recommend Advocare or Adipex. Any thoughts or suggestions on them? Right now I am counting calories about 1200 a day and run about 2 miles a day. Suggestions on what I could do to step it up?!

Thanks to anyone who can help hold me accountable.

Replies

• tazoo57
    tazoo57 Posts: 1
    Options
    Adipex is a strictly a stimulant. It is an appetite suppressant and will curb our appetite. However, when you stop taking it your appetite usually spikes again. There is NO substitute for healthy eating and an active lifestyle.
    That being said Advocare is a jump start also. However, they give you guidelines to healthy eating and the products provide your body with proper nutrition. They do have some amazing products and have done the research behind the products.
  • adrianhelen
    adrianhelen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love my Advocare products. I did the 24 day challenge a month ago. I didn't really lose a bunch of weight but my energy levels are better and I lost inches off my waste. I am sold for life on Spark! Will never give that one up.

I don't know much about Adipex. I do know that no weight loss plan is going to make you shed a bunch of weight quickly and keep it off for good. The important thing is to lose slowly and keep it off. Science is proving that it is worse on your health to lose and gain back than it is to have never lost the weight to begin with.
  • adrianhelen
    adrianhelen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oh and congratulations. Enjoy your baby. A little advice, it took you 9 months to put on that weight so it's not unrealistic to give yourself 9 months to lose it.
  • agwodke
    agwodke Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love Advocare! Contact me if you have any questions regarding the supplements. It's a great JUMP START program and the only one that I've found to get me committed and going strong with healthy eating and losing weight. I'd be glad to talk to you about it. Contact me and I'll help you out!