What are your weight fluctuations in maintenance

Options
I tend to be in a 6 pound range from extreme to extreme, but typically in a 4 pound range.

How much does your weight fluctuate in maintenance?

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 pound range, but day-to-day now it might be 1 or 2. The longer I've been in maintenance the less it varies.

When I was younger it was 5 pounds. And I can pop up like that if I'm traveling with the air travel and salty hotel food. That drops when I get home.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    With exercise, about 10 lbs. If I stop I only see a few lbs difference but get all squishy
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    When I switched to maintenance I bounced up about 4 lbs. While eating maintenance I have a +/- 2 lb (4 lb total) variation.
  • robmac13h
    robmac13h Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    usually about 2-3 pounds
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    depends on what I eat and what I'm doing.

Easter weekend, following monday, it was 10lbs difference. What's up water-weight!

Typically, 5 or so lbs up or down.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Mines about 5 lbs. I usually gain on the weekend since I dont really religiously watch what I eat. The salt causes water weight. Monday I weigh in and gain 5 pounds, then on Friday Im back to normal again.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    About 5 lbs. I weigh daily so I have a pretty good feel for trends. I was up 4 lbs on Monday from where I am today. I didn't even eat that much on Easter...
  • jhellwig828
    jhellwig828 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Mine has stuck in about a 3 pound range. I have a number that I don't mind going +/- 2 pounds on and so far I have stuck with that.
  • Honeycat89
    Honeycat89 Posts: 149
    Options
    I see around a 6lb flunctuation, up a few lb now but that's because of Easter!
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Usually I'm within a three pound range, sometimes four, but that's usually when my IBS is acting up.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    About 3 pounds.
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    2-3 pound....I start a deficit again at 5 pounds
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I'm just now beginning to maintain and every week I'm slowly upping my calories till I get in the 1900-2100 calorie range, which is what I am supposed to maintain at. I'm thinking the 1900's will be a happy medium.

Currently I'm in the 1600's and still losing but slowly. I am thinking at a 0.5 lb/week.

I am hoping my range will be in between 108-112 lbs. I am 5'3.5"
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    mine have been as little as 1/2 a pound up to 4 pounds (heavy sodium day prior) . One day I had a sudden down of 3 pounds.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I have been fluctuating up and down five pounds for the last eighteen months.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I'm generally between 182 and 185 with my 12 month average being 183ish. Occasionally I get up to around 186/187 but that's usually due to excess sodium...also air travel bloats me. I've been as low as 178 but that was largely due to dehydration and depleted glycogen stores from a long training ride.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I'm bulking right now, but was in maintenance at 110 pounds for 5+ years. I could fluctuate anywhere from 106 pounds - 114 pounds. It was always temporary and always back to 110 within 2 to 3 days.
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is relevant or not but I maintained a healthy weight throughout my adult life and into my early 40's naturally and my weight always fluctuated about 5-7 lbs from low to high, with most of the time being smack dab in the middle. So really about 3 lbs either way from my norm and what I called "my weight". Mind you, this was not "maintenance mode" or trying to watch my weight, after having lost weight, etc. I think I probably weighed myself monthly or so...definitely not every day or every week.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    For the last 3 years, between 1 and 2 lbs below "my" weight. I go above my wt. if I had few days with more sodium that what my goals allow.
  • jroe3127
    jroe3127 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For me it's about 3.5 pounds depending on all the factors already mentioned. It can be a bit frustrating, but I'm finding that the fluctuations is motivating me even more and I'm paying more attention to how particular foods affect me.