TRX

Options
Switching to a new gym from May, and they have the TRX systems, never used one before, how good are they? have you seen good results from using this form of training?

Replies

• gooserocks85
    gooserocks85 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    last spring i took TRX classes in preparation for Tough Mudder - i thought they were great, and my upper body strength improved a lot (was able to graduate from knee push-ups to toe after a few weeks - i'd never been able to do that before).

if you have a chance to take a class, i'd take advantage of it. or at least look up some youtube videos. i didn't realize how versatile the system was until a trainer showed me how to do exercises with my feet in the stirrups - push ups, planks, crunches, pikes - they get a lot harder when you throw in the elevation mixed with keeping feet level/balanced. TRX is also great for warm-up/cool-down stretches.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Ring training is some of the best strength training I have ever done, though I have never done TRX specifically. I have Olympic rings permanently installed in my house because I was so impressed.
  • lalamoose64
    lalamoose64 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My gym offers TRX and we have amazing trainers leading it! Like any program it depends on who is delivering the class and what training they have. The over all program will build core strength, increase your endurance, and create bonds among participants! Our Gym charges $99 in addition to regular gym fees for a 6 week class that meets 2 times a week. well worth the personal investment ! Good Luck !
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    cheers guys!