Tara, 23 and Working Around the Clock!

Options
Hi there!

I am Tara, I am a full-time college student and I run my own business full-time. I have steadily been gaining weight since I was 15...my father was big into fried foods and unfortunately I loved them! Since then, my weight gain has been steady. I remember when I was 120 lbs and my father said I needed to lose some weight....I thought how ridiculous that was. Now, I am almost 250 lbs and so upset at myself. Even though I feel I am smart, successful, and put together...I go home at night and wonder how I could be this heavy. I struggle with exercise, due to my large chest size, weak ankles, and weak knees. My soon-to-be in-laws are big health nuts, I am so they look at me and wonder.

I want to be healthy. I want to have a child someday and not be so big I cannot keep up with her. I don't ever want to be 'skinny' I just want to be HEALTHY! I have high BP, and take 10mg of medication daily for it. I have a weakness for Mt. Dew, and drink 3-4 cans daily, more on the weekend. I find I never have time to worry about myself, I'm always buzzing around doing work or school or family things.

If anyone has advice, encouragement, or simply words I'd appreciate it.

Replies