Half Way There!! 21lbs lost in 2 months! progress pic

Options
meca85
meca85 Posts: 81 Member
I started 30 Day Shred Feb 27, I also started doing about 30min Zumba.
I cut out foods I don't need and tried focus on protein intake, i've also stucck to mostly waterr and green tea. I've also had a few smoothies, and just recently I've been having chai tea with soy milk.
After 30Ds I started Alpha T25 and am currently in my 4th week.
Due to some business I.needed to take care of last week, I was really stressed and had no time for anything, I ate really bad: Papa John's Chinese Food, sweets, and I didnt log any food, and yes I gained 2lbs, but what hurt the most (literally) was getting bloated for.the first time in a long time and very gassy (sorry tmi). So that was a good lesson to.keep on avoiding those foods.
I'm also proud that my BMI went down from "Obese" and am now almost on the.lower end of " Overweight" , my bmi went from 31 to 27.
I've made a lot of changes to my diet and trying to make it a lifestyle. Some days it has been tough working out or.not seeing that scale move, but that's when rather than sulk i try to suck it up work out harder.
It is a long journey, but definitely not impossible.

My first pics weren't very good but hope it helps anyone.
Thanks to my MFP friends for keeping me in check and your support.

Total lost so far 21lbs, 6" from belly, and 3 1/2" from hips. Btw i'm only 5'2" so 20lbs is a lot =)
Nsv- going from a size 13/14 pants to 9/10 =)=)=)

PhotoFancie2014_04_24_10_44_45_zpsbsi5am1f.jpeg

Replies

• bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! I can really see a difference. Can't wait to see pics after after 20 more pounds.
  • law110
    law110 Posts: 43
    Options
    great job! What a difference!
  • dianalee9
    dianalee9 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! Fantastic job!
  • GoPhil04
    GoPhil04 Posts: 93
    Options
    Love it!

For more dramatic differences pose in the same clothing for both before and after. That way certain cuts or ways the fabric lays doesnt distort any progress. Great job.
  • StripedPurpleKangaroo
    Options
    Congrats that's really amazing keep going :)
  • mar55215
    mar55215 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! I am just starting today
  • chelleann777
    chelleann777 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! We are built just alike! I am 5' 3'' and am 150. I would love to know what all you have done to lose the weight! Way to go! :)
  • violetbluemornings
    violetbluemornings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!! Well done :-)
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! I like how you didn't let the two pounds throw you completely off track and you turned into a "lesson learned" experience. Keep it up!!

:)
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Great job OP! :):drinker:
  • meca85
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support!
    <3
    My MFP friends have really helped since we are all on the same journey.
  • meca85
    Options
    Love it!

For more dramatic differences pose in the same clothing for both before and after. That way certain cuts or ways the fabric lays doesnt distort any progress. Great job.

You're right, I was shy in my first pics, LoL that's why I have my capris pulled up and was embarassed to let it all hang out, i do have some 10lbs or 13lbs pics in gray somewhere lol
    But i am gonna try to keep posting in gray in thethe future. Thank you though =)
  • DJManos
    DJManos Posts: 220
    Options
    Very nice job!! Looking great!
  • 540BamaBabe
    540BamaBabe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hard work pays off girlie - Congrats you look great!
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm trying to get to 135 and i'm only 5'3" so i tell myself. Keep up the good work you look great.
  • meca85
    Options
    That is awesome! We are built just alike! I am 5' 3'' and am 150. I would love to know what all you have done to lose the weight! Way to go! :)

It's just a lot if tough love discipline.
    In the past i would literally eat an entire large bag of cheezDoodles or potato chips, and all this junk food cuz I guess I was bored.
    But in the progress I have refused to even buy any of that stuff nor soda.
    I feel that if it is not nutritious why consume it?
    I havr purchased healthier options like a variety of quinoa chips, veggies chips, pumpkin seed crackers, sweet potatoes. I have also used a kitchen scale to weigh all my food. Even though i've bought a lil more expenaice healthier food it actually lasts longer
    because I am diligent about the serving sizes. So if it says 10 chips I eat 10 chips, if it says 1oz I eat 1oz.

Also when going out think twice. What has.more veggies? What has more protein? What is baked/grilled/fried? I've been able to enjoy Shrimp Ceviche, Hibachi chicken, Moo Goo Gai Pan, Turkey Burgers, Lo Mein, and still lose weight.

And I found this phrase....

c921618648f3a5558a13cf218a65423e_zpsjfy2lycu.jpg
    :-)
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!