Cooking with ground turkey

Options
2»

Replies

• JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I too use ground turkey pretty much all the time in place of beef. We've just started doing our hamburgers this way and they were a bit dry but I've gotten suggestions on this site to help with that.

Ground turkey or ground chicken sausage is great too! But you can pretty much find all sorts of recipes online and on pinterest.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all of the responses! I'd like to switch to turkey for beef sometimes - we're mainly a chicken eating family but do eat beef burgers/tacos/meatballs/spaghetti sauce occasionally. My husband's not picky but I have a 6 year old and 2 year old and would like to ease into it, hence the reason why I thought to mix it... :smile:

Unless your 6 year old and 2 year old have much more refined palate's than my 5 year old and 2 year old, I would doubt they will even notice - I wouldn't even ease into it unless you are doing it more for the flavor/dryness of the meat.

I have never been able to tell the difference other than looking at it.
    I use mine as meat sauce or chili or as "meat balls".. easy peasy lemon squeezy- I use whatever is on sale so it's interchangable to me.
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Texture is a little different that ground beef...it's less crumbly, but really only noticable if you're using it straight up or in burgers. If you're using it in something like meatloaf, meatballs, casseroles, tacos, etc., you really can't tell the difference.