Lets hear your embarrassing gym story :)

Options
13»

Replies

• rljohnsufl
    Options
    Early on in college my older sister and I got a free pass to try out Bally's. I got on a treadmill and started walking. This was my first time ever on a treadmill (or even a gym) and I was just getting used to it. Some guy got on a treadmill next to me and started chatting me up. Since I couldn't walk and talk at the same time, I fell off the treadmill. The conversation ended there. :embarassed: :laugh:
  • RhinestoneRocky
    RhinestoneRocky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Everyone's stories are so funny that I don't feel bad about sharing mine.

First a little back story, the gym in my office building is pretty wee. Has a full set of dumbbells, jungle gym with 7 machines (old but still works), few cardio machines and a wall of mirrors. I'm usually the only person in there during my lunch break. I really like karaoke and I'll listen to songs while I workout so I can learn them, well....while I was on the stair stepper I'm softly (or so I think) busting out some beastie boys Ch Ch Check it out and in comes a couple guys in really nice suits. I have no idea they're in there. Only when I reach part of the chorus do I hear them laughing, I see them, turn bright red and nearly fall off the damned machine.

A while back my friend's vegan girlfriend was trying to get me to eat less meat and more tofu. My second day in I'm on the treadmill trying to get in a good jog and the jostling motion let loose the loudest fart outside of a fart machine and someone is on the row machine beside me. Poor guy got a face full of hot tofu fart. All I could do was laugh and apologize and leave immediately out of shame.

Farts seem to be a common theme on this thread. LOL
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Yeah farts are so common!! LOL

I farted mid burpee a few days ago. I don't think anyone heard as thankfully we were all doing burpees and the music was loud.

I *always* drop my first snatch. It's almost like it takes one failed snatch for my back and shoulders to wake up, even if they are warmed up. Generally I drop it in front of me and fall backwards, ending up sitting with my legs outstretched with the bar on my thighs. Pretty embarrassing dropping an empty bar.

I botched a clean and dropped it onto a lifting platform in the middle of an Airforce gym. The NOISE!

I've fallen backwards off a box jump onto my a*se.

I've got myself caught on my headphones and launched my iPod into the air a few times, but the worst one was when I dropped my iPod onto the treadmill and it got wedged between the conveyor belt and the edges. I had to actually stop the treadmill to get it out.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Well today I was loading a bar for hip thrusts and didn't notice how close I was to the bench press and I stood up and hit my head super hard on the bench press bar and bled everywhere!
  • acf810
    acf810 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had been swimming for about a year, and I knew all the regulars at my gyms lap pool. I was in line at walgreens when one of the ladies from the pool walked up to me and said hi and she made a comment about me not recognizing her. I turned and said in a loud clear voice;"sorry I did not recognize you with your clothes on." She and I both turned bright red and left as fast as we could. We still laugh about it till this day.