Weight Gain

Options
I have gained about 12 pounds but my pant size is the same. I feel as fit as I was before. Could it just be muscle? I run twice a day plus lift weights everyday. When I run I burn about 300 calories. How could I possibly gain weight by exercising that much? It is depressing. Like I said my pant size is the same.

Replies

• JakeNJ95
    JakeNJ95 Posts: 54
    Options
    How much do you eat?
  • karmasays
    karmasays Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    How could I possibly gain weight by exercising that much?

Because you're eating more then you're burning.

Do you track/weigh your food?
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    if you're eating more than you're burning, you'll gain weight, either muscle, fat or a combination of the two. If you're eating at a deficit, you're not likely gaining muscle. It could be water retention, the time of day you're weighing and daily fluctuations.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your body fat %? If you gain weight but your body fat % is steady, then you are adding muscle.

Allan
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    If your clothes aren't getting tighter, and you are still liking what you see when you look in the mirror I wouldn't worry too much about what the scale says. Also, maybe start tracking with measurements. Good luck to you!!

ETA that I have gained 5 lbs since I started lifting weights, but my measurements have went down by quite a few inches all over and I went down a pant size too.