Share with my your FAVORITE...

Options
Snacks!

I am a snacker. I am trying to eat every 2-3 hours.... I have it all separated in my food diary but I get an hour from my last snack or meal and I AM HUUUUUUNNNGGGGRRRYYYY... Grrrr LOL

I find myself going for slices of cheese, mostly... which isn't horrible but its not great either. So what are your absolute must haves for low fat, low cal snacks... :)

Replies

• TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, kashi bars (All the ones I've tried so far are SO good!) Turkey bacon and egg beaters, 100 calorie bags of pop corn, fruit.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I just found something called, "Almond Nut-Thins", and they are delish! 130 calories for 16 of them and they come in a variety of flavors. Right now I have ranch in the cupboard. :)
  • amysambora
    Options
    Sugar free jello, almonds, rice crackers, dried fruit, bananas, grapes, apples, peanut butter...I have quite a few! :D
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with or without fresh cut pineapple. Hummus and veggies. Raisins and apples. Something a little naughty but not really, Graham cracker broke in half with cool whip in the middle and frozen :bigsmile:
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Light yogurt, sugar free jello, cottage cheese, low fat graham crackers with a little peanut butter, Kashi bars, Nature Valley granola bars.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt(with a lil honey drizzled), fruit-im partial to bananas, salads....many many many options keep em under 200 cals!!!
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Almonds or Baby Carrots are the flavor recently
  • Lindyteach
    Lindyteach Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    10 almonds and a cup of tea seem to curb my hunger. And going for a walk is an excellent swap - it puts off the eating for a bit, USES calories instead of adding them, and sometimes even takes away the urge to eat!
  • BMSkvara
    Options
    Special K crackers. only 90 cals. per 17 crackers.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with or without fresh cut pineapple. Hummus and veggies. Raisins and apples. Something a little naughty but not really, Graham cracker broke in half with cool whip in the middle and frozen :bigsmile:

OMG, I thought I was the only one that LOVED frozen cool whip, lol!
  • yogaangel
    Options
    Melba Snacks - Roasted Garlic flavor. Yum 4 crackers equal 50 calories.
  • btuman43
    Options
    When I feel hungry between meals I down 2 glasses of water. I know it sounds crazy, but it works for me to curb the hunger.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    nuts (almonds or pecans usually), greek yogurt, 1/2 a banana with natural PB, apple slices with almond butter, clif bar, protein shake, or some edamame.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    The graham cracker and cool whip idea sounds very yummy. I will have to give it a whirl. :wink:
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Stacey's Naked Pita chips, very satisfying. Also cuties clementines or a plain rice cake with 1 tbsp of peanut butter! YUM.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond Almonds Smokehouse or Wasabi and lately some baby carrots and I try to do fruit 1 or 2x's a day
  • drbuffdaddu
    Options
    Baby carrots with either hummus or spicy mustard! My all time favorite!
  • katoka97
    katoka97 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    for iPhone users free app the snack app gives you some snack ideas under 50, 100, 200 cals.
    I usually go for fruits, pb, almonds, yogurt...so many options :)
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Two or three things:
    1) O'Berto-Thin Sliced Beef Jerkey - 90 calories for the whole bag, but if you are watching Sodium you have to be careful
    2) Raw zucchini slices dipped in Red pepper hummas
    3) ok, I have to add this (popchips) 100 calories a bag...I like self contained things!
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    Graham cracker broke in half with cool whip in the middle and frozen :bigsmile:

OMG YES! So trying that.