sick :p

Options
When you guys don't feel very good do you take a couple days off of working out or do you just to less?

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    When sick I just take a stroll ..slow walk and watch my calories and sodium
  • kioga86
    kioga86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I was sick last week, and found myself mostly bed-ridden. Kept logging the calories, but didn't do much for exercise.

Something I noticed while I was sick, my sodium intake was close to maximum even while I was eating very little for calories! So watch out, lol. Silly ginger ale and "reduced sodium" chicken soup.
  • paperboy
    paperboy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Depends on the severity of the sickness.

Someone once asked me, if you spend a year preparing for a marathon and the day of the race you wake up with the sniffles, are you going to stay home? or are you going to run the race?

You don't want to get others sick at the gym. So if it is THAT bad... stay home.

If I've got a sinus infection or a slight cold, I'll back off the cardio and focus on strength training.

But if I just feel like I'm having an "off" day? I tell myself to get out of bed and get my flabby butt to the gym. I usually feel much better after a workout.
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just got over being ill. I shut down when I'm ill, not necessarily because it's the best thing to do for weight loss.

I have a 2 1/2 year old Son so sick or not I have to keep an eye on him, prepare meals, clean up. If doing a workout whipes me out for the day I'm not good to him. When he's sick too it's worse. He's miserable, tries twice as hard to be busy only to make his fever/cough/illness worse. If I stay mellow, he does better with mellow.

HOWEVER I need to keep track of what I eat better. I gained back the 2lbs I'd lost because I was eating many smalls snacks instead of big meals that didn't sit well. Problem, large meal of salad VS 5 chips ahoy cookies....result 2lbs.