5' 2" Ladies - what is your best weight? goal weight?

Options
Inspired by the thread for 5' 7" ladies -- same question for the shorties out there. What's your best weight for your height?
I'm 5' 2" and am currently at 127 and aiming for 120.

Whenever I get to 130, I feel yucky -- but every pound down from there is a huge improvement.

Replies

• NatalieCortelloni
    NatalieCortelloni Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and currently 115-118 lbs. I'd really like to be between 105-110 but it seems everyone around me doesn't agree. They aren't short like me so I'm wondering if anyone else my height agrees or disagrees with that goal weight.
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate.I'm 5'1 here. I have a lot of people (family mostly) tell me to not lose any more. They disagree that I should get down between 105-110.I'm 113.4 at the moment but it fluctuates to 116 sometimes lol(water weight I'm assuming) I'm wanting to get to 108. I'm also interested in what others have to say about this as well.
  • lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    5' 3" looking to be around 125 pounds ideally (with muscle mas).
  • mollymao
    mollymao Posts: 13
    Options
    I don't think those goals are too low - still within healthy BMI, right?

For me, I can't seem to maintain anything under 120 (at least haven't managed it so far), so that's my goal for now.
    One nice thing about being short is that every pound lost is noticeable (at least, for me!)
  • AngieCook09
    AngieCook09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and got down to 140 lbs which was a lot better than 180 (where I started). My goal has always been 130-135.
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am 5'-3" ( ok, 5'-2.75") and aiming for 125-130 with muscle
  • LittleMissFit83
    Options
    I think it all depends on your body frame. I have a medium build and am currently sitting at about 130 lbs. I'm trying to get down to 127. I know if I was to get down to anything lower than 125 I would start to look sickly. My advice is to get down to what you think is a good goal weight for yourself and reevaluate if its not. :)
  • knitcandi
    knitcandi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I would love to be 110. I was 121 when I started using MFP and 140-150 before I started regular exercise. Like many of you my family thinks I'm "too" skinny now but I will still be in the middle of a healthy BMI at 110. It is just taking a long time for me to get from 115 to 110.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and currently 115-118 lbs. I'd really like to be between 105-110 but it seems everyone around me doesn't agree. They aren't short like me so I'm wondering if anyone else my height agrees or disagrees with that goal weight.

I'm 5'1" and my goal weight is 105. I have a small-medium frame and I am currently at 106 lbs. I still haven't entirely gotten rid of the slight pudge on my stomach, and I highly doubt that losing 1 more pound will make it go away. Weight training, here I come. But I would like to be between 104-106 from now on, and I think it's quite reasonable for me. If you have a medium/large frame, 110 is probably great and even a little thin, but if you're like me, your goal is completely reasonable. I started where you are, in December, and have lost 11/12 lbs in about 3 1/2 months. Get to 110 and see what you think when you get there; I was not satisfied when I got to 110 myself, which is why I decided to lose 5 more pounds, but bodies are all different.

I bet all people will say when you get to where you want to be is "you look great!" (Don't tell them how much you weigh or want to weigh. . . they don't need to know!)
  • MMiscavage
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal weight is actually 140. I used to be 140 and I felt so good and healthy, but after I got on birth control and got in a bad relationship I gained about 50 pounds. I'm about 20 away from my goal, and I thought I looked really good at 140, and I felt healthy and strong.
  • Goofyrunnergirl
    Options
    I'm 5'2" , 40 years old, and currently 113 pounds. I would like to get to 108 but the weight loss is slow going! I have started to add some weight-lifting into my exercise, so I know that could keep me from getting to my goal weight. I need to remember to check my measurements every month, as I think that will be a better indicator as to what my body is really doing!

My start weight was 121, so while I haven't lost a lot, I really didn't have a lot to lose. So far with the weight I have lost, only my husband has noticed a difference.
  • MissLeelooDallas
    MissLeelooDallas Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", so fairly close to the height referenced here. I was miserable at 137lbs which is also the most I've ever weighed. In high school, I was mostly happy to be around 118. My current weight is between 100-102. I think the best weight for myself is 105-108 which is my current goal.
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, 28 years old. I weigh more than I care to admit. My lowest weight, in my adult years, was around 118, and that was not achieved through healthy methods.

My goal this time is 125-135. I'm not a slim person. I take after my father, who was a world-ranked athlete. My legs resemble little tree trunks. To get down to 110 would make me look stupidly scrawny, and unhealthy. I'd rather be "thicker", but stronger than a lot of guys. :D
  • StephanieT0602
    StephanieT0602 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and looking to get as close to 110 as possible. Wouldn't mind a couple additional lbs on me if it was muscle at that point.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1 and at my heaviest I was 160 (yuck!) and I'm aiming for 125-128 range. But I will definitely go by how I look and feel because I'm afraid of losing too much weight and my head being too big for my body, lol. I know it sounds funny, but I know it could happen.
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    hi. i'm 5'3" and currently 185 lbs. i've been basically maintaining and lifting heavy since January. just this week i've lowered my calorie intake to make a small deficit.

my goal is to continue lifting heavy, have my chocolate and ice cream every day and get to about 150 lbs :o)
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3 and weight fluctuates from 99-108lbs depending on how active I am being. I am happiest with how I look around 102lbs (weight in my profile pic) but I am trying to do more strength training & gradually build more muscle. So at the moment I'm happy for my weight to be increasing & don't have a goal number in mind so long as the visual changes/measurements I'm seeing are positive & I'm not just gaining fat.
  • nic632
    nic632 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" & at the moment I weigh 128lbs & would ideally like to get down to approx 110. I'm a pear shape & carry all extra weight on hips & thighs, so to me I think I look like I weigh more than I do. I don't tell anyone that I'm on a diet anymore cos people say same thing to me - you're skinny, and all the rest. So now I have to say that I'm trying to eat a bit healthier & it shuts them up. ;o)
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot and I am aiming for 110. I will reevaluate once I get there.
  • pistachiopeas
    pistachiopeas Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and currently at 144/145 trying to get to 135. Once I get there, I will see how I feel about losing more. I haven't seen anything in the 130s in years, and I do remember being comfortable back when I was around 138, so I am just anxious to get there. After that, I think I will have the confidence to lose a bit more, if necessary. But I suspect that, like Creiddylad, once I get to 135, I'll want to focus on weight training.