Almost fat-free deviled eggs

Options
tracydr
tracydr Posts: 528 Member
Just made myself a delicious, almost fat-free deviled egg.
One egg yolk, 1/2 tsp of Dijon mustard, pinch of smoked chipolte, few drops of apple cider vinegar, one or two drops of sesame oil. Pinch of salt and pepper.
Return to the hard-boiled white and enjoy.
Anybody else have a low-cal deviled egg recipe? I can't stand FF mayo.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Just made myself a delicious, almost fat-free deviled egg.
    One egg yolk, 1/2 tsp of Dijon mustard, pinch of smoked chipolte, few drops of apple cider vinegar, one or two drops of sesame oil. Pinch of salt and pepper.
    Return to the hard-boiled white and enjoy.
    Anybody else have a low-cal deviled egg recipe? I can't stand FF mayo.

But why?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You do know the egg has a lot of fat, don't you?
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You do know the egg has a lot of fat, don't you?

I think she was getting at the fact she didn't add any fat and that by calling it "almost fat free" accounted for the egg fat.

Enjoy. I hate mustard =P
  • pezall22
    pezall22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How are you logging this into MFP? By a recipe and using the ingredients? This sounds awesome. I've never heard of someone making 1 deviled egg lol
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I just cut my hard boiled eggs in half, spread a little bit of regular mayo on each half, then sprinkle with dry mustard and paprika. My husband uses regular yellow mustard. We're lazy and don't like the process of unstuffing then restuffing the eggs. The minimal calories/fat in the less than 1 tsp of mayo I use is totally worth it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    I tried one one time with hard boiled egg yolk, combined with avocado and skim milk. It was aight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't like mayo so we swap out plain greek yogurt for mayo, mix in dry mustard and sprinkle with paprika when they are filled
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I would go crazy if someone offered me a almost fat free deviled egg. If it doesn't fit in my macros. I just don't eat it. But, I won't sacrifice taste. I love food to much for that.
  • tracydr
    Options
    Yes, but it's also nutritious and satisfying. One 70 kcal egg can curb my appetite for hours. But, with real mayo it ups the calories a bit. I hat low-fat or fat-free mayo, would rather go without.
    I eat home raised, free range eggs so the omega 3s are also higher.
  • tracydr
    Options
    Since Dijon is without significant calories and just a few drops sesame oil is negligible , I'm counting it as a plain hard cooked egg. I know it doesn't account for the bit of sodium but I'm not that worried about it.
  • tracydr
    Options
    The thing about this is that it really does taste great. That bit of sesame oil packs a punch and the Dijon gave it a nice texture very close to the real thing.
  • tracydr
    Options
    My husband doesn't like mayo so we swap out plain greek yogurt for mayo, mix in dry mustard and sprinkle with paprika when they are filled
    Yogurt is also a great idea! I didn't have any yesterday morning but I went to the store and got some. Having an artichoke from my own plant today and I'm going to try a yogurt dip instead of butter.
  • leslie345
    leslie345 Posts: 10
    Options
    Half mayo/half olive oil works good too. I might try a mayo/olive oil/yogurt combo.
  • tracydr
    Options
    It's so easy to make one deviled egg! I like to keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge for quick snacks. We have chickens so in the spring we have almost too many eggs.
    I just cut the egg and remove the told. Mash, add whatever you want to mix with it and replace to the hard white.
    Takes only a minute and you have a yummy, deviled egg.
    I also love using chipolte powder or smoked paprika on my deviled eggs for a little smoky kick.
  • Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My son and dil made Horseradish deviled eggs for part of our Easter dinner. They were delicious. It is on epicurious.com if you want to look it up. I do not like horseradish but I do in this recipe. It gives it just a little zip. Let me know what you think.
  • tracydr
    Options
    I love horseradish!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    I would think using dijoinnase ( I think five calories a tablespoon ..fyi..hungry girl) and a bit of hot sauce would be great. I too .. love deviled eggs ..and wan to find lower fat and calorie ways to make then. Maybe adding pickle, olive.. and other things to add to mixture.
  • gpoliver
    gpoliver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    yum my mouth is watering thinking about this! I love pickle juice in my eggs!
  • Soozy31
    Soozy31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I mix up the yolks with a little relish! Yum!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I tried one one time with hard boiled egg yolk, combined with avocado and skim milk. It was aight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    Well that settles it. I am getting an avocado. I've been craving avocado all day and mixing it into deviled eggs sounds great!