5'5" trying to lose 70 lbs

I have been doing myfitnesspal on my phone for about a month now and lost 4 lbs the first 2 weeks. Well last weekend was Easter and I OVER ATE!!! So I gained it back. I am 5'5" and 200 lbs. I have been doing Zumba off and on for a month now also. I have finally started to feel like doing it. I have a 14 month old daughter, who is my world and a great husband. I am a full time student online and a part time employee. I also have a daisy girl scout troop. I am trying to lose 50-70 lbs and am working my way to doing it.

Replies

• AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    I am also 5'5", 200 lbs, aiming to lose about the same amount of weight, and have been doing dance fitness for a while. What are the chances?

Add me! I think it would be great motivation since our situations are so similar!

Amanda (AmZam05)
  • hurricaneemly
    hurricaneemly Posts: 23 Member
    I'm in a similar situation - I'm 5'4" and 187 pounds and aiming to lose around the same amount as both of you. I haven't fully committed until recently and would love to have some accountability buddies to work with!

Feel free to add me!
  • starciakathleen
    starciakathleen Posts: 6 Member
    I'm in a similar situation - I'm 5'4" and 187 pounds and aiming to lose around the same amount as both of you. I haven't fully committed until recently and would love to have some accountability buddies to work with!

Feel free to add me!

I remember the last time I was 187. It was a dark time in my life and I went from 175 to 200 in a year... :( trying to lose the past with the weight... :)
  • maanders
    maanders Posts: 39 Member
    Hi! And, welcome.

Similar situation here...I'm 5'6'', 205 and looking to lose 55 lbs.

I'm also a busy working mom with a daughter who is going to turn two in a week. Feel free to add me, and good luck!! :)
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Hi there,
    I am 5'5 and started at 173 pounds, currently 140. I started by just started working on my diet. I eat a good number of calories(atleast 1500+ exercise calories), but be honest with the loggin. I also started walking around as much as possible and zumba(because i love to dance). Slowly, i lost weight over the past year(slow is the best) and it did not seem that tough because i was eating enough.
    Do this right and good luck:) Btw, i have a 20 month old daughter too. She was 9 months old when i started :)
  • starciakathleen
    starciakathleen Posts: 6 Member
    Hi there,
    I am 5'5 and started at 173 pounds, currently 140. I started by just started working on my diet. I eat a good number of calories(atleast 1500+ exercise calories), but be honest with the loggin. I also started walking around as much as possible and zumba(because i love to dance). Slowly, i lost weight over the past year(slow is the best) and it did not seem that tough because i was eating enough.
    Do this right and good luck:) Btw, i have a 20 month old daughter too. She was 9 months old when i started :)

Exercise calories? My log usually says I am low in calories for the day, but I am not hungry to eat anymore... How do I combat that?
  • Jbeilfuss84
    Jbeilfuss84 Posts: 39 Member
    Hey all! I'm 5'4 and started actively trying to lose my baby weight about 5wks post partum at 202lbs, 3mo later and I'm down to 181 with 41 more pounds to go! I have 3 kids, I work full time and am going back to school in fall, so I could definitely use support and encouragement along the way! Feel free to add me :)
  • abrockhausen
    abrockhausen Posts: 35 Member
    New here too. 5'5" (realy 4.5" but close enough) and 217. Looking to lose 57 lbs to start with. Sending a friend request your way!
  • Edmgirl07
    Edmgirl07 Posts: 29 Member
    I'm 5'6" and I need to lose about 89 more lbs to get down to my goal weight. Add me if you'd like!
  • Danishaeg
    Danishaeg Posts: 14
    Hi. I'm 5' 5''. I have been doing MFP for about a year and a half now. I have lost almost 70 pounds now. I'm excited to hopfully get past that 70 pound mark soon as it has been going VERY slow now. I started at 240. Didn't think I would ever get more than 5 pounds off. If I can do it I think anyone can with hard work. I tried to do it slowly so it would be eaisier to keep off in the long run. I think that has been key. I love to have the support and motivation of my other MFP friends and would love to have more especially in my situation that that either started at over or around 200 and have either lost alot or are on the path to do that. I didn't join to get down 10 pounds I joined to get down 80 or 90 pounds and I think it helps to have others in the same situation. If you or anyone else in that situation would like to add me feel free. I think support is so important. We can all do this together!!! :happy:
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    5'5 started in january at 190, am down to 173 now, been stuck there for a few weeks, but I'm feeling good. Actually last night caught me checking myself out on my way into the shower. lol
    Add me if you like, heads up I dont eat meat.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Hi there,

Exercise calories? My log usually says I am low in calories for the day, but I am not hungry to eat anymore... How do I combat that?
    depending on how low I am sometimes I have to just force feed myself something, or drink a shake.

Edit: the way MFP works is if you log your workouts, you should be eating those calories back. Your daily goal of calories is only enough to fule you if you dont do any extra kind of physical activity, so when you workout you need to eat those calories burned back. I try to eat at least half of them back.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    5'6" here and just turned 51 the beginning of this month. My babies(as you can guess by my screen name) are turning 21 in June(how time flies). I wasn't able to fully enjoy my children's childhood due to being overweight for all of it. I started at 224 LB. I will, however, be there when the grandchildren start coming! Add me if you would like.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Hi there,

I guess first I would make your diary public so we can see what you are eating, but it reallly is so important to make sure you are getting enough calories. Today my calorie goal is over 2100, because I had a big workout this morning, when I have big cal. goals, I eat almonds, nuts, etc..
  • Cyndesire
    Cyndesire Posts: 56 Member
    Hi there. I am 5'5 mom of 3. I weigh 182 lbs now. Been on here for about 4 months. Down about 70 lbs overall. It is hard work but as long as I keep moving forward I feel good. I love all the support and motivation I get from this site. I never eat under 1200 if I can help it. Anyone can feel free to add me. Good luck everyone.
  • eahrenee
    eahrenee Posts: 157 Member
    I am 5'6 and weight around 190ish, looking to loose at least 50lbs! I am starting out, for my second time, trying to loose weight with myfitnesspal. I'm always looking for friends to help motivate me, feel free to add me and I will try to encourage you as well!
    Good luck on your journey~ you can do it!
  • iamdanielstrong
    iamdanielstrong Posts: 11 Member
    Hi there! I am new to mfp too! I joined a while back but only started getting serious about a month ago. i am 5"5 (was 192) I have lost 5lbs since i've started logging. I do zumba and I run. I am currently training for a 5k race May 24. I goal is to lose 70lbs. I also have a 5 year old daughter...im looking for accountability buddies! and support : ) add me too!
  • i'm 5'3 and 198lbs, i'm trying to lose 50lbs so feel free to add me as well. i could use the extra motivation and friends along the way!
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Exercise is the key. Get a heart rate monitor it will really help you. It helped me know how hard to push myself and when to ease off. It also helped me set goals for calories burned for the week. When I hit my goal I took a rest day.
  • musicgal86
    musicgal86 Posts: 338 Member
    You can do it!! The beginning is the hardest part, but I promise it will get easier. Also make sure to find people that will support you along the way. That was probably what helped me the most