5' 2" Ladies - what is your best weight? goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    5'2 and around 116 pounds. My goal weight is 110-112 or some where around that lol, currently on maintenance(as of yesterday). Maybe later I will reach 112 or not. :wink:

ETA: I am small frame and yes my sisters and parents are having fit even now with the weight I am at. Hubby has no problem with the weight I want to get to.
  • KezJB
    KezJB Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" currently 130, I'm happy at 124.
    Lowest I've been is 119 and that wasn't maintainable.
  • pammerz88
    pammerz88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Inspired by the thread for 5' 7" ladies -- same question for the shorties out there. What's your best weight for your height?
    I'm 5' 2" and am currently at 127 and aiming for 120.

Whenever I get to 130, I feel yucky -- but every pound down from there is a huge improvement.

I'm 5'1" and when I started on here I was 125ish and decided my first goal was to lose 10 pounds and be 115, but now that I'm closer to my goal I have decided I want to get down to 110....that was probably the best weight I've ever been at. In high school I weighed 90-95 pounds and looked sickly although I ate like a pig I could never gain weight. I have a small/medium frame and when I put on a little bit of weight it's noticeable.
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm not a small build and my doctor gave me 160 lbs as my goal weight!
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My best weight was 125, I have been everything between 104-160. Currently I am pregnant so not counting or obsessing right now. But at 125 I am a solid size 4 and generally fit. I go by that more than I go by numbers on the scale.
  • liizuka
    liizuka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and trying to get down to 120#. I'm currently at 123#, but need to be able to cut weight for olympic weightlifting and make the 53kg (116lb) weight class. Every single pound from this point on has/will be a struggle since I'm so short!
  • Conquer14
    Conquer14 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and like myself at 125. My goal is 130 right now. I'll be happy at that. I got down to 118 once and I looked sickly. Did not like it at all. Everyone is built different though.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". I was 115 lbs for many years but gained 27 lbs in the past 5 years. Started MFP in Sept 2013 with SW of 142, currently at 120 lbs but would like to get back to 115 lbs. That will give me back a good body fat percentage.
  • kari574
    kari574 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'-3" and about 114 pounds. Weight is pretty good. Trying to lose some fat and gain some muscle though, so weight may shift up a little bit.
  • LindseyLinea
    LindseyLinea Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1"... current weight 133 -135. My goal weight is 110 which I was before I had my daughter. If I can't get down to 110 then I would be happy with 120.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    5'2" My best weight was in the mid- to low 90s. My weight has been in the 107-108 range for months because of stress and other factors. It's alarming.
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently weigh 120. I maintained there for a few months and decided that I really do want to lose 5 more lbs, so I'm aiming for 115 now. I'm more concerned with body fat percentage than the numbers on the scale, so I'm doing it slowly.
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 120, but I'll probably start the climb to maintenance once I hit 125. But as a previous poster said, I'm more concerned with body fat percentage.
  • kelseytmurray1
    kelseytmurray1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently 180 (ish) - 185 when I just recently started MFP. That's my highest ever and litterally balled my eyes out looking at the scale. I never knew I was that high. I've been a size 12 in clothes since I can remember. My frame is larger and I do have lots of muscle but my current goal is 150. Maybe after that 130.

I don't know about anyone else but just getting started is killing me. All of my friends and sisters are size 2-6 and look perfect. I feel like a whale. :( And everything looks like a cinnamon roll. It's tough but I'm trying to push through. With my first 4lbs down, I can't wait to get the rest of this weight off.
  • kaymelt
    kaymelt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm around 5' 2" with a rather curvy build and currently weigh around 160. For me this is overweight, but not grotesquely by any means. My goal is to get down around 135 with a good amount of muscle.

I was down to 120-125 in college, but I looked very sickly and my hip bones and ribs stuck out (my doctor at the time once asked if I had a cocaine problem or anorexia because it looked so unnatural). I would guess that this is the normal weight range for most women my height, but as I said, I'm rather curvy, with naturally large hips and breasts and when I was down to the 120-125 range, I still wore size 10 pants.

Every woman is different: different shape, different body system, different genes. There can always be a generalized goal range for women of a certain height, but that doesn't mean that the outliers are always unhealthy or unnatural. The most important thing is to make sure you keep yourself healthy.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I started at 126 at 5'1.5" (yes need that .5"0 I'm 120 and would like to be around 115. 114 is my ultimate goal weight, but I haven't been able to maintain below 120 for several years now. I'm hoping for lower body fat %. Mine is now around 34%, so if I stay 120 and lower that, I'll feel OK.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Wow. This thread really brought out the women who have little to lose, didn't it? I thought at 5'2" 125 would be about right for me. I'm now seeing that many/most think that is way too heavy.

I wonder if people who have never been extremely overweight have a different perspective on what is their "best" weight.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Wow. This thread really brought out the women who have little to lose, didn't it? I thought at 5'2" 125 would be about right for me. I'm now seeing that many/most think that is way too heavy.

I wonder if people who have never been extremely overweight have a different perspective on what is their "best" weight.

For some on this post myself included, the body fat percentage is more important. Because of my height and small frame, being at 115 lbs will give me a body fat percentage of 22% which is my goal. Others might have a different objective fro their goal weight. :smile:
  • essterne
    essterne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I was 130 lbs, and didn't feel good. I looked okay, a bit heavy, but the kicker was body fat percentage. I was kind of one of those "skinny fat" body types. So, I started doing cardio every day (thank god for bikes) and worked in some weights to build up my muscle mass. I ended up losing 20 lbs (and radically changing body composition, which was even better!), and gained a little back so I'm 113-115 and quite happy with how I feel. My energy level is much higher than when I was heavier, and the extra strength has really helped support my body so I have fewer aches and pains. Not to mention the improved balance and reflexes.
  • mollymao
    mollymao Posts: 13
    Options
    I think it really varies for people. I don't look good below 120 (can't maintain it either) or above 130, but other people do. Depends on lots of things. I'm fairly busty so that may be one of the reasons I can't get too low. For others, it's muscle mass or frame size.