Motivating Audiobooks

Options
I started listening to Self Improvement audiobooks while I work instead of listening to music. So far I've found "Master Your Metabolism" by Jillian Micheals to be really inspiring. I'm also reading "The Slight Edge" by Jeff Olson on my way to and from work. I tried listening to "The Happiness Project" audiobook but hours 3 hours into it I lost intrest because she mainly talks about marriage and children- I have neither of those so I found that I couldn't relate.

What are some self improvement books that have helped you with you weight-loss and health journey? I'd really like to find some more to add to my collection.

Replies

• fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'd like to know too! Sorry no help lol x
  • tahiramarie
    tahiramarie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm listening to "Unlimited" by Jillian Michaels. So far, it's great. I'm starting the Focus T25 next monday and I'm soooo glad I decided to get this audiobook before I started. The things she says can be applied to pretty much any aspect of your life. I also like "Don't Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings" by Tyler Perry. It is hilarious but also full of advice for different aspects of life.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    And I thought I was the only one! Unfortunately I don't listen to motivational books but I could share something I do. I ONLY listen to a certain audiobook during workouts, this way I'm eager to know what happens next, but.. too bad! If you want to know, then you need to workout again tomorrow!
  • lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'll definitely be looking into Unlimited tonight! I love Jillian's no BS approach!