Jillian Michaels

Options
Has anyone used any of Jillian Michaels DVDs? I just bought 30 day shred and I'm excited ot start. I just haven't yet. Anyone have success with her?

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I used her 30min dvd i think it was kickboxing when i intially lost the first 75lbs...it was the BEST workout...
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I loved the 30 day shred so much I bought her other dvds too! Its a great workout especially if your short on time.
  • angeladawn88
    Options
    How many times a week would you use them?
  • hchristine
    Options
    I got the 30 day shred for Christmas, and I love it so far! I also got a heart rate monitor and in the 28 minutes it takes to do the workout I burn over 600 calories (if the HRM is accurate). I don't know how it will work in the long run...but I have only been doing it for 3 days and I already feel great :)
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I just got her shred it with weights. I did it once and was ridiculously, ridiculously sore. I spent a couple weeks doing pilates to build up my legs. Going to try it again soon. I'll probably cry.
  • flems629
    flems629 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to tell people we are doing the 30 day shred and have a group going, to check in daily, everyone is more than welcome to join us!
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to try 30 Day Shred soon, too, but I'm not sure how to incorporate it into my training for a half marathon. I feel like it would be a lot to do Shred and a run in a day. Thoughts?
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    I just got her shred it with weights. I did it once and was ridiculously, ridiculously sore. I spent a couple weeks doing pilates to build up my legs. Going to try it again soon. I'll probably cry.

I just got her Shred it with Weights this week and I am also so, so sore! It's crazy. It's a fun workout, I can't do everything, but it's fun.
  • philip31
    philip31 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I got the 30 day shred for Christmas, and I love it so far! I also got a heart rate monitor and in the 28 minutes it takes to do the workout I burn over 600 calories (if the HRM is accurate). I don't know how it will work in the long run...but I have only been doing it for 3 days and I already feel great :)

600 calories does seem a little high but depending on your bmi and fitness level..
    I burn 418 on level 1 and my bmi is just under 35..
    Does your hrm have a chest strap? These are most accurate.
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have the Shred It, Biggest Loser Last Chance workout, Biggest Loser Cardio Max, and the WII Biggest Loser workout, all fantastic!!! Great burn. You are using all body groups at the same time with cardio. You should be working out with the video I believe 5-6 times a week. There's different levels. Once you've completed the allotted time, you can go on to the next week and so on. You will get sore until you get used to the workout. But don't let that stop you. All her workouts are fun. Do as much as you can, you will gradually increase your strength and endurance. When I get really sore I take some D-Rose and it takes the soreness away.
  • angeladawn88
    Options
    I just wanted to tell people we are doing the 30 day shred and have a group going, to check in daily, everyone is more than welcome to join us!

Where can i find this group? i'm starting on the dvd tomorrow. i would love to be a part of it.
  • angeladawn88
    Options
    I have the Shred It, Biggest Loser Last Chance workout, Biggest Loser Cardio Max, and the WII Biggest Loser workout, all fantastic!!! Great burn. You are using all body groups at the same time with cardio. You should be working out with the video I believe 5-6 times a week. There's different levels. Once you've completed the allotted time, you can go on to the next week and so on. You will get sore until you get used to the workout. But don't let that stop you. All her workouts are fun. Do as much as you can, you will gradually increase your strength and endurance. When I get really sore I take some D-Rose and it takes the soreness away.

What is D-Rose?