Accountability Idea....

Options
So, I have this awesome idea for accountability. I'm really a great resource for work out/healthy eating ideas but, I am seriously lacking in the motivation department. I am looking for someone to help me with that. Preferably someone else who needs the same help. I had this great idea that if I HAD to tell someone every day that I did or did not work out, I will shirk less often.
On a blog I read, the blogger took a photo of himself everyday after a kick *kitten* workout to send to his brother (I think) who he was challenging to see who the first one to quit would be. And it worked. So, I want someone to do this with. It can be email or text or whatever makes the other person (or maybe a group??) feel comfortable but, I want to know someone will bust my *kitten* if they don't get a pic of me red faced, stinky, and dripping with sweat at least 6 days a week. I'm considering doing T25 (I did insanity some time ago and loved it but, I'm in much worse shape now) or Couch to 5k.
We could even step this up a bit by being sure to read each others food diaries to be sure we are on point.

So, if you got this far, and don't think i'm nuts, talk to me!

Just a bit about me. I am about 150 lbs over my ideal weight for me. I kayak, hike, and walk my dog but, I've been a real pile of lazy crap this last year and have been packing on the lbs. It's really depressing and I just need to fix it. Who's with me???????

Replies

• lazydanthaman
    lazydanthaman Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My motivation to workout on a regular basis is horrible... I always need ways to keep some sort of accountability for myself. You would definitely need some sort of way to make sure people were not re-using pictures though. Maybe you would need to hold up a sheet of paper with the date on it. I bring this up because that was the first thing that crossed my mind when I read it, lol. Either way I am in!
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    OK, lazy Dan. You win the 'i can't believe you thought of that' award! It would to some point need to be honor based. but, I see now that you are going to need to furnish proof. I'm pretty sure you can see the date a pic was taken with a smart phone in the details.
  • beanrider
    beanrider Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh, I luv this idea. count me in. I think text pictures would be easiest for me, and I like Lazydan's date stamping idea too.
  • sharnut751
    sharnut751 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this idea and I'd love to take part. I just posted on my news feed that I am seriously lacking motivation and something like this could really help. I'm happy to text, email, have a private mfp group...whatever works for everyone.
  • tahiramarie
    tahiramarie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I'm starting Focus T25 on Monday and this would be a great way to keep me motivated. Count me in :-D
  • s_light
    s_light Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love this idea, always needing motivation to get a good workout in. I'm good e-mail, text or whatever else would work.
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Great idea for motivating each other. All I could think of while reading the post was Snapchat. That way you could quickly send a pic to everyone that would be deleted anyways (no blackmailing, lol).
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    https://groupme.com/join_group/8072283/XwEDyz

Ok, I'm new to this app. I have no idea what snap chat is. This is like a chat room that you can use to message in your phone or online so it should work for everyone! Let's try this for a start.