Feeling frustrated

Options
This is just a general rant, but I'm feeling kind of down today because, despite eating healthy all week, I seem to have gone up a pound or two (NOT going to enter this weight gain on MFP or let it show on my ticker b/c I'm determined to lose it and then some, damnit). I did a boot camp style workout on Tuesday night and now I'm so sore I can barely walk. I don't do it often enough that I am never not sore afterwards. I know that I need to do this workout at least three times a week in order to not be this sore, but it's difficult to find the time with the hours that I work (I'm going for a jog tonight and going to do another boot camp workout tomorrow morning, so I'm working on being more consistent). I know that I need to stick with it and that eventually, the pounds will come off. But I'm just having one of those days where my body is completely sore, I am a pound or two heavier than last week, and yet I'm hungry because I'm eating less and sticking to my diet! :mad: It's just one of those days. Thanks MFP universe for letting me get it off my chest. Now I can move on, focus on my goals, and be positive about the good things that are going to happen.

Replies

• UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Your weight fluctuates several pounds within a day. Take heart that if you're doing everything right - eating at a deficit and working out - what you're seeing on the scale most likely isn't a gain in fat, it's your body holding on to some extra water, the fact that you may not have flushed all the waste out last time you went to the bathroom, a natural monthly hormonal flux or your muscles holding onto water to repair from a hard workout session.

It's sometimes hard for us to convince ourselves not to feel frustrated, but don't get down on yourself. Keep it up and the results will make themselves evident :)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Your weight fluctuates several pounds within a day. Take heart that if you're doing everything right - eating at a deficit and working out - what you're seeing on the scale most likely isn't a gain in fat, it's your body holding on to some extra water, the fact that you may not have flushed all the waste out last time you went to the bathroom, a natural monthly hormonal flux or your muscles holding onto water to repair from a hard workout session.

It's sometimes hard for us to convince ourselves not to feel frustrated, but don't get down on yourself. Keep it up and the results will make themselves evident :)

This.
    Log the weight and move on. Weight loss isn't linear. It's hard not to see a loss but it'll happen. This isn't a gain of weight; just a fluctuation.

Hang in there!
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support! This is why I love MFP!
  • OhioTallGuy
    Options
    As they say this is a marathon not a sprint. The long term goals are the ones you are most concerned about. That being said not seeing progress when working hard is not fun. Just know that you won’t remember the small blips in when you reach your goals!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Good for you for still eating at a deficit:) We all have days like these.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Same here. Eating at a deficit,.. working out. Gained 2 lb. I'm blaming hormones. Just stick with it, it will turn around!
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am up a lb or two right now too... and I know it isnt forever. So close to goal so it is disheartening! I feel ya, we are gonna get there!
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    I hear you on how frustrating it is. When I hit those moments, I look back at what I've done over the past day or two. Usually it's my workout that's the culprit and within a day or maybe two (after the scary weigh-in), I'm either back to where I started or I've dropped weight. Keep doing what you're doing and give it time.

You've got this!!!!
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    It's highly likely that if you don't do the boot camp thing very often that you are just retaining water from that, so I wouldn't stress about what the scale says. And don't weigh until a couple days later if it's just going to be something you periodically do, that should help. Great job so far by the way!
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options

This.
    Log the weight and move on. Weight loss isn't linear. It's hard not to see a loss but it'll happen. This isn't a gain of weight; just a fluctuation.

Hang in there!

I like this idea - not a gain, just a fluctuation. Never thought of it this way, but thanks for the wisdom :)
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the wonderful support! So I may have been frustrated yesterday because the scale says I went up a pound or two, BUT I took my measurements this morning and in the last two weeks, I lost another inch off my waist and another half inch of my hips! So I was making progress this whole time and didn't realize it! It just goes to show that the scale isn't always the most accurate indication of what's going on!! Thank you all again for helping me when I was down yesterday, you're amazing and I wish each and every one of you the best in your goals. :heart: :happy: