low carbs when eating at the food court?

Options
Hello hello!

I'm trying carb cycling. Well, easing into it. Anyways, I'm trying to keep today low carbs but work at a mall, and I have to get lunch at the food court today. I need to start packing lunch the night before. What are some decent low carb food court options? I usually go for a Tim hortons chicken salad sandwich. And I don't really like soup. Ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    meat, cheese, non starchy vegetables

If you're really concerned, skip lunch and have a bigger dinner where you can know for sure the carb content of your food. It's only hours, not days of waiting, after all.
  • brrraley
    brrraley Posts: 8
    Options
    That's tough, I had a shake for breakfast and am at work till 6. And I'm hungry already! Not sure if I could wait 6 hours
  • DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I used to do low-carb years ago. There were a number of times I bought a sandwich or burger and just threw away the buns.
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Can you get a salad with some kind of protein on top?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the mall. Here there's a Cheesecake Factory so you can have anything to go, but otherwise there's Chinese (grilled meat and veggies), Mexican (salad), Wendy's (chili), Japanese (sushi although I guess it's not low carb).