5' 2" Ladies - what is your best weight? goal weight?

Options

Replies

• adgarry2014
    adgarry2014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and currently weigh 114lbs as of today. Before I started MFP in February, my weight had crept up to 124lbs and most of my jeans and dress pants were so tight I was miserable. I finally decided I had to do something to get back to 112lbs where I feel most comfortable in my clothes and in my own skin. Now that I am so close, I will probably change my goal to 110lbs. In the past I weighed between 110lbs-112lbs which I think is an ideal weight for my build. I totally agree with the comments that every pound makes a difference when you are at a shorter stature. Of course, at this stage a mere 5lbs can be a bully to overcome. So yah, my best weight for me would be 110lbs. My goal weight, however, is 112lbs. So close...:bigsmile:

Good luck everyone!
  • ppmcauley
    ppmcauley Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I'm shooting for 125 lbs.:smile:
  • momofgilliam4
    Options
    5'1. Started at 225, my goal is 140. Once I get to 140 I will re-evaluate.

This is almost exactly me too. I am actually a wee bit taller (a little over 5'2"). Started at over 224 and looking toward 140 as a goal. I was 148 at my 2002 wedding and felt really good. I am athletically built and anything less than 125 would make me look positively sickly. I'm not a small person despite my height. :)

My doctor said to keep in mind that the good old charts don't take many factors into account... get to the upper part of the range and be satisfied. Sounds like a plan!!
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and currently weigh 114lbs as of today. Before I started MFP in March, my weight had crept up to 124lbs and most of my jeans and dress pants were so tight I was miserable. I finally decided I had to do something to get back to 112lbs where I feel most comfortable in my clothes and in my own skin. Now that I am so close, I will probably change my goal to 110lbs. In the past I weighed between 110lbs-112lbs which I think is an ideal weight for my build. I totally agree with the comments that every pound makes a difference when you are at a shorter stature. Of course, at this stage a mere 5lbs can be a bully to overcome. So yah, my best weight for me would be 110lbs. My goal weight, however, is 112lbs. So close...:bigsmile:

Good luck everyone!

I think you can easily get to 110! I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get below 110 (I'm an inch shorter than you) so that was my first goal, but it was very easy for me to get to 108, then 107, now I'm at 106, and my goal is 105. I've found that it is just as easy to drop these last few pounds as it was to get rid of the first 5.
  • baderis07
    baderis07 Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal weight is 135lbs. That is actually considered high for my height but I also have a large frame. Anything below 135lbs and I tend to get over boney. I have a very hourglass figure.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2" and am shooting for 140 pounds to start. Once I get there I will most likely maintain for a bit and see whether I want to try to lose another 10. My best adult weight has been between 125-135, but I'm older now. *sighs* I am not small framed person, anything under 125 and I start to look sickly.
  • melissajane83
    melissajane83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am 5"2. I currently weight 178. I would like to get down to 120 but would be happy with 130. If i go below 120, I look sick and too boney..
    I would love to look like I did before I got pregnant. I was in the best shape of my life at that time!
  • Leggo1288
    Leggo1288 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and currently weigh 225.I've started lifting heavy and I'm eating at a deficit. I plan to just keep losing until I like what I see.
  • DeadKoala
    DeadKoala Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm 5'3". My highest weight was 175lbs. Currently I am around 129lbs, which although isn't "overweight", but it makes me feel very unhealthy. I have gone low before (85lbs-95lbs), and was able to maintain that while eating very well (2000+kcal per day, lots of variety), but most people thought I looked sick.
    I don't have a goal weight, but I have a feeling that I'll be more comfy somewhere between 100 and 110 (but I might be fine between 110 and 120, depending on how much muscle I have).

There are plenty of short people who can pull off 120+ and look fabulous, but I"m not one of them.
  • englandismine_
    Options
    i'm 5'1 and 25 years old. the most i've ever weighed is 150 lbs, and the least is 115. i'm 133 now -- trying to get down to 110 or wherever i arrive with a consistent and healthy amount of exercise
  • teamau44
    teamau44 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" (hahah stupid half inch!) but I'd like to get down to 130ish or so. I was there before when I had just met my husband and before my 2 kids 15 years ago. When I was 130, I was a size 4. I managed to get up to 178 (oy) when I joined MFP, and I am currently at 168. :D so I've lost ten lbs so far. I've got a medium frame, but tend towards being muscular and dense. I'm not saying thats an excuse, but i'd like to get down to 23% body fat as opposed to the 34% that i'm carrying around.

:D

any of you can add me if you like! :D
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Started at 252 pounds and at my lowest was 131.4. But I think, for me, my happy weight (that I can handle mentally and physically) is 135 to 136.
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" and my goal is 125.

No, I don't think the numbers matter as much as overall health/fitness/toning, but a goal gives people motivation because then they can look at the scale each week and see how close they've gotten. And if they get a week where they have zero loss or gain a pound they can look at their diary and see what went wrong.
  • marilu1727
    Options
    I'm 5'2"- 5'3" depending on the day lol but my best weight has been 140 but my goal weight is 115-120 lbs. But I want to be toned! Not a flabby 120, but a nice toned 120.
  • marilu1727
    Options
    I'm 5'2", age 30, 155 lbs currently. Looking to drop to 125 and go from there. I'm a traditional hourglass shape, so when I'm smaller or heavier, people notice. I've started running to stay in shape and slim down and am mostly happy with my weight loss so far.

Yeah if I put on 10 lbs or lose 10 lbs it's noticeable! I also started running. It's sometimes nice just to clear the mind.
  • demonwithahalo
    demonwithahalo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5'2", and my goal is somewhere in the mid-low 120's, including adding on some muscle. I have never, as an adult, been able to get below 120 without a psychotic level of exercise, to the point of not being healthy. I think it's nice to have a body fat % to work toward so that I don't focus as much on the number but instead on muscles that show and strength.
  • BKNeenz
    BKNeenz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and the lightest I'v weighed as an adult was 108. I personally felt I looked a little sickly at that weight. I liked the 120-125lb range with muscle...oh boy that was a long time ago! lol. I am 38 now and my goal weight is 140. Once I get there, I'll see about losing more if I feel it's right for me.
  • Linda916
    Linda916 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am a proud 45 yr. 5'2" tall mom of 3 girls with an adorable grandson. I weigh 140 and wear a size 6 pant (a few size 4 pants but mostly 6) and a size 4 dress\top. I lift heavy heavy 3 days a week and for 2 cardio days I lift heavy and fast ;)

The last time I wore a size 6 was in my 20's and I weighed 118. I was skinny-fat.

So, I no longer have a goal weight because I want to continue to build muscle.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    My doctor said to keep in mind that the good old charts don't take many factors into account... get to the upper part of the range and be satisfied. Sounds like a plan!!

I totally ignore that old chart. I don't think it's a very good system because it judges everyone to the same standard. People aren't a one size fits all.
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and weigh 122 lbs. My goal is a well muscled 115 but I will probably drop below that while I'm working on my borderline high body fat % issue. I got down to 117 or so about 7 months ago but was only that weight for a few weeks while I was sick so I don't think that counts.