Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is Beauty ?

Debbie_Ferr
Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
Many people view beauty as something you see with your eyes, but when you can’t see beauty, you have to feel it.

In the link below, members of the blind community were invited to describe what beauty looks like to them. Their responses might change the way you see things ! and in a good way.

https://screen.yahoo.com/cute-and-inspiring/blind-peoples-descriptions-beauty-might-000358836.html

Some of their responses were
"I think beauty is experience. By that, I mean beauty is the warm breeze against your skin. The feeling of grass underneath your feet."
"Beauty is character, personality, the way someone carries themself."
"Losing my sight has been a blessing. I don't care what nationality somebody is, I don't care how tall someobody is. I don't care how big or small they are. A person is beautiful becasue they are true to themselves."
"Beauty is calm, beauty is peace"

So, what is beauty to you ?

"

Replies

• ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,013 Member
    Wow, after reading that.... I can be shallow at times by going on someone's looks as "beauty" - not even thinking about the beauty of the "world". Shame on me as I have a legally blind son (he can see things close but after about 10' forget it). What we take for granted in life..... smh.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    "No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly." Oscar Wilde

I think people in general put too much value in a persons outer beauty, and each person defines it differently.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    my mom
  • Phenylethylamine_Phreak
    Phenylethylamine_Phreak Posts: 2,211 Member
    Beauty comes from within. The way a person carries themselves through good times and adversity. Treating others without judging and treating everyone equally. A beautiful (woman) will make my heart smile.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    "No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly." Oscar Wilde

I think people in general put too much value in a persons outer beauty, and each person defines it differently.
    ^^^^^^ True dat.

Beauty for people is simple to me:

1. How do you treat others when nothing benefits you with how you treat them?
    Answer: BAD - Then you are NOT beautiful, in fact, you are as ugly as they come
    Answer: GOOD - You are gorgeous *hands them my digits*
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member

^^^^^^ True dat.

Beauty for people is simple to me:

1. How do you treat others when nothing benefits you with how you treat them?
    Answer: BAD - Then you are NOT beautiful, in fact, you are as ugly as they come
    Answer: GOOD - You are gorgeous *hands them my digits*

Well said. No matter how pretty the packaging it won't make an ugly gift any better.
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Beauty comes from within. The way a person carries themselves through good times and adversity. Treating others without judging and treating everyone equally. A beautiful (woman) will make my heart smile.

Aw so sweet!
  • megnay
    megnay Posts: 65 Member
    I think it should be pointed out that there are many different kinds of beauty, both of which interact with each other. There is such thing as physical beauty, and there is also inner/spiritual beauty. The thing is... No one can deny the fact that there is such a thing as physical beauty, but this obviously means something different to everyone depending on taste.

Beauty is so subjective. Beauty is subject to the influence of inner beauty. Even someone I may not be physically attracted to at first, this can change and do a complete 360 when I get to know the person. Knowing someone's personality and inner self affects perception.

So, something to take away from this... I think inner beauty is the most important when it comes to people, because it can change how you are perceived on the outside.

I hope that makes sense, but that' s just how I see it!